Destiny Has Record Pre-Orders for New IP; Is a “Breakthrough Game;”

Started by Raven, May 06, 2014, 09:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/06/destiny-has-record-pre-orders-for-new-ip-breakthrough-game-showm-at-e3-with-great-partner-sony/

Activision, during a conference call, said they believe Destiny has already achieved record pre-orders for a new IP and will be showcased at E3 with Sony. Also, during the call it was revealed that the beta would be starting in July, though this may not be something Activision wanted known yet.

Xevross

July is a pretty good time for me. Although I will be on holiday then so I hope it doesn't clash. And by record pre orders do they mean at this point before release or that it already has more pre orders than any other new IP has before?

7H3

That is great news! I can't wait to whet my palate on that game!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

July is a pretty good time for me. Although I will be on holiday then so I hope it doesn't clash. And by record pre orders do they mean at this point before release or that it already has more pre orders than any other new IP has before?

Activision seems to be saying that as of right now Destiny may have enough pre-orders to set a new record for new IPs. So it's still possible that by the time the game releases Destiny could have broken whatever the previous pre-order record was for any game. New IP or sequel.

Xevross

Activision seems to be saying that as of right now Destiny may have enough pre-orders to set a new record for new IPs. So it's still possible that by the time the game releases Destiny could have broken whatever the previous pre-order record was for any game. New IP or sequel.

Ah I see. It'd be a big success if they got even 1/4 of the pre orders of GTAV tbh  :P. I can see it breaking the new IP record though. What do you think currently holds that record?

7H3

Ah I see. It'd be a big success if they got even 1/4 of the pre orders of GTAV tbh  :P. I can see it breaking the new IP record though. What do you think currently holds that record?

last of us or gears of war i'd wager

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I was thinking TLOU but I forgot about gears...

TLoU definitely had more pre-orders than Gears...
Gears didn't have huge FW sales. It was too early in 360's life. It continued to sell well and push 360 sales though.

Legend

Titanfall babies!!

7H3

Titanfall babies!!

lol the obvious answer.... that's how high that game rates on my gamedar