Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Got it mocked up. Got to do a few more things to do then I'll get it soldered up and working.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Last update for the night. See you guys tomorrow.

darkknightkryta

Well I got my LED Matrix board proof of concept done.  I'm going to try to get my department head to order 10 in.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well I got my LED Matrix board proof of concept done.  I'm going to try to get my department head to order 10 in.
And no photos?!?

Mmm_fish_tacos

You know how hard it is to find heat shrink now? So stupid I had to order that from amazon. So that's keeping me from finishing my project tonight.  I was hoping to send it out on Monday but it's not looking like that's going to work out for me now.

darkknightkryta

And no photos?!?
I'll take photos once I get a program running with an arduino board.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I need opinions. Is the red wire going into the cup too much red? maybe too big?

What are you thoughts?

darkknightkryta

I think it's fine, but I suck at aesthetics.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It's done! Well mostly. I'm making a new head strap for it and custom hear pads. But it's in working condition and look pretty sweet. I'll post more progress photos tomorrow.  

darkknightkryta

Probably going to try to remove the solder from the Playstation Monitor.  When you use a desoldering bulb, after you suck out solder, when you squeeze the bulb to use it again, does the solder eject out of the bulb?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Probably going to try to remove the solder from the Playstation Monitor.  When you use a desoldering bulb, after you suck out solder, when you squeeze the bulb to use it again, does the solder eject out of the bulb?
That would be my guess, squeeze the bulb, squeeze over a plate or something to ejected the solder, then go and de solder your next point.

kitler53

tacos yelled at me so i guess i'll post some details of my game room project.

Here are some pics of the current state of my new game room in my new home:

as you can see it is very very red.  that will have to change.  i wanted to go a dark blue but i couldn't fix my old game room couch in this room (the legs are not removable and i literally can't fit it though the door) so i'm inheriting the one we use to have in the living room.  that couch i green so i'm going to go with a dark green color.

I had to do some basic electric work.  seriously,.. who the fudge paints the power outlets?!?!

The windows had to be updated to.  Left is the holes from removing the curtains.  right is a view of me removing the grid things from the inside of the windows.  easy projects but oh boy did it look like crud before.

here is the untampered front room to give you an idea of how this room used to look.

the picture doesn't show much but i rewired the lights from a single pole with a dimmer configuration to a 3-pole with dimmer configuration.  it was weird and awkward to me that you couldn't turn the light on when entering the room.

I like this photo.  The rug the size of the entire floor space in my last game room back at the condo.  I like tight/cosy spaces and i was happy to have a small room but this room is still a lot bigger and game like wii-sports or whatever simply couldn't be played.  this room should be accommodating to some degree of motion gaming and seated vr i suppose.

my next project is to punch a hole in the wall and run an ethernet cord into the room.  the wifi is just way too far away to get a decent signal.  the modem is in the basement directly below this room so it should be too bad of a project.  the hardest part will be fishing the wire up from the basement while doing the work myself.  this is one of those things where a second set of hands would be greatly appreciated.

after that,.. painting.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

So i'm redoing my kitchen (contractors,.. not me):

and one of the things we did to get more out of our small kitchen is move the garage door from the middle of the kitchen to the living room.  Thing is the new door is in the exact spot that my high speed internet and tv were wired to.  Contractors refused to do the job (claim to be unqualified) so i took on the job myself.

I moved the internet moved from where the door is to the bookshelf just to the left of the fireplace.

rewiring a house with walls in place isn't always easy so i cut open the conduit to the power outlet already in my book shelf, installed a box so i could splice in the ethernet cable, and fished it up from there.

that meant i could install the ethernet just above the existing power outlet (not a bad place for it).  This is where my tv, router, and second ps4 will be installed.

exiting power outlet on bottom.  new ethernet on top.

in doing this project i upgrade from ACC to pure copper ethernet cable.  it is a pretty long cable i'm running (~120 ft),.. the new cable gets almost double the speed out of it meaning i get almost my full 30 mbs instead of 15-16 mbs.   i'm happy!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

Apr 18, 2016, 03:30 PM Last Edit: Apr 18, 2016, 11:50 PM by darkknightkryta
I never said how my LED Matrix project went.  The LED's needed more power than the Arduino could push out.  I was also researching and you could better control the board with a demux or a shift register.  But I'm not sure how the shift register works.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So i was messing around with wrap I used to cover my desk. and decied to make a vacuum forming box out of a small amazon box to vacuum form the material to the controller. It worked a bit better than when I tried to wrap on by hand and instantly too with out any air bubbles. It was a fun project, still didn't come out well enough to use it though... Oh well. This would probably work really well with an xbox one controller though.

Go Up