PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Agreed. I'm on media blackout but the stuff that slips through sounds awesome.
+1 to that. I don't wanna get too hyped but it's hard not to!

SWORDF1SH

nnodley

Got a new vizio M series 50" 4k HDR TV and my lord is HDR amazing.   The difference in color vibrance in The Lost Legacy is awesome.  And horizon is amazing, but even more.

Legend

Got a new vizio M series 50" 4k HDR TV and my lord is HDR amazing.   The difference in color vibrance in The Lost Legacy is awesome.  And horizon is amazing, but even more.
Does it feel like just a better quality display or is it a larger difference with HDR?

the-pi-guy

Knack 2 was free on New Zealand PSN and a few others.  
Some people were playing it.  

I snagged it, but it'll probably be deactivated before I could even start it. :P

nnodley

Does it feel like just a better quality display or is it a larger difference with HDR?
The larger difference was coming from HDR.  When I loaded up western ghats in The Lost Legacy after choosing to turn on HDR I was like holy shame this is vibrant as fudge.   Turning HDR on and off things just looked duller.  It was really apparent in bright colors like the red jeep and red, blue, violet, and white flowers in TLL.

Same with Horizon.  Things just pop so much better with HDR on.  

And it is the new 2017 model with their XLED display so it is pretty sharp.

Legend

Knack 2 was free on New Zealand PSN and a few others.  
Some people were playing it.  

I snagged it, but it'll probably be deactivated before I could even start it. :P
I only have my US account. Juggling additional ones doesn't seem worth it just for freebies.  :P

(congrats on getting the gotg)

the-pi-guy

I only have my US account. Juggling additional ones doesn't seem worth it just for freebies.  :P

(congrats on getting the gotg)
This is the first time I've ever done it.  

I wouldn't really say it's worth it.  
It's a bit of a hassle and the most likely result is that Sony takes away the license for the game anyway.

I feel a little bad, but... Oh well.

SWORDF1SH

Kerotan

Started my lost legacy crushing playthrough.  I will probably go for the platinum.  

And also hit 10th prestige on cod4 remastered!

SWORDF1SH

I just read this about Shemnue III. Do you agree?

Amount swindled: $6,333,295
Yu Suzuki's Shenmue has had quite the history. The original title made its debut on the Dreamcast in 2000 and cost $70 million to make, making it one of the most expensive games ever created at the time.
The Kickstarter for the game was announced at Sony's 2015 E3 press conference, but Ys Net quietly swapped Sony's name out with Deep Silver's in August of 2017. After more than two years since its announcement, only a handful of cinematic trailers have been released, each with some low-quality models and expressionless faces.

There's no word on the plot, the gameplay mechanics, the length of the story, or even any of the new character names - just a handful of amateurish trailers. It makes you wonder what Yu Suzuki has been doing the last two years…and what he's using the six million dollars for.

the-pi-guy

I think that's silly.

A.) Sony wasn't officially listed as publisher.  He mentioned that "Sony was helping out with some publishing".

B.) The game is still over a year away.  Complaining about no big videos is silly.  

C.) Complaining that 6 million dollar doesn't get that far is silly.  

D.) He also complains about Star Citizen.  

SWORDF1SH

I think that's silly.

A.) Sony wasn't officially listed as publisher.  He mentioned that "Sony was helping out with some publishing".

B.) The game is still over a year away.  Complaining about no big videos is silly.  

C.) Complaining that 6 million dollar doesn't get that far is silly.  

I agree. I backed the game for £30 and will receive a PS4 copy for that price. I don't feel like I'm being "swindled".

DerNebel

Sep 10, 2017, 06:54 PM Last Edit: Sep 10, 2017, 07:55 PM by DerNebel
I'm bored, I'm itching for a new conference to watch (especially since this year Sonys E3 show was kinda meh), I hope their TGS show on the 19th will at least bring a couple interesting things.

Legend

Sep 10, 2017, 07:22 PM Last Edit: Sep 10, 2017, 07:38 PM by Legend
I'm bored, I'm itching for a new conference to watch (especially since this year Sonys show was kinda meh), I hope their TGS show on the 19th will at least bring a couple interesting things.
Yeah TGS is always good for a few laughs at the very least.

We should make a countdown thread.

Star Citizen is in an interesting spot. The big 3.0 patch has been a "few months" from release for over a year now, and the content has significantly changed (downgrades on the player side, upgrades for devs).

It's not a scam, the devs are definitely trying to release a great game, but lots of the complaints about the game have turned out true.

Go Up