Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Mar 20, 2018, 06:42 PM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2018, 06:51 PM by Legend
I saw Black Panther yesterday. Enjoyed it a bit more than most Marvel movies nowadays. Thought it started strong but halfway through it became more of a generic superhero movie.

Xevross

I saw Black Panther yesterday. Enjoyed it a bit more than most Marvel movie nowadays. Thought it started strong but halfway through it became more of a generic superhero movie.
Agree with that, the first half is definitely the better half.

Xevross

So Pacific Rim Uprising is extremely entertaining

Dr. Pezus

So Pacific Rim Uprising is extremely entertaining
Reviewed badly tho

Xevross

Reviewed badly tho
Its a much better film than the first, for the target audience, imo. The plot is super dumb, but the same can be said for the first film. At least the sequel didn't spend too long trying to justify it all in some crazy stupid way.

the-pi-guy

For some reason I get Elysium and Pacific Rim mixed up in my head...  

Never seen Pacific Rim though.

Legend

For some reason I get Elysium and Pacific Rim mixed up in my head...  

Never seen Pacific Rim though.
They aren't similar in the slightest, and no one ever talks about Elysium  :P

You should watch it. It's good.

Its a much better film than the first, for the target audience, imo. The plot is super dumb, but the same can be said for the first film. At least the sequel didn't spend too long trying to justify it all in some crazy stupid way.
I liked having a story in the first one. Meaningless action doesn't sound as fun.

the-pi-guy

I know. :P
It's one of those random things my brain mixes up for no reason.
I probably should.  

Xevross

I liked having a story in the first one. Meaningless action doesn't sound as fun.
You will probably think Uprising is worse then. I thought the attempted story was the worst part of the first film. I watch a film like Pacific Rim for the action, and I don't want it filled with a shaming plot. If it has a great plot, then awesome, but if not then get it outta there.

Dr. Pezus

You will probably think Uprising is worse then. I thought the attempted story was the worst part of the first film. I watch a film like Pacific Rim for the action, and I don't want it filled with a shaming plot. If it has a great plot, then awesome, but if not then get it outta there.
So it's basically just a CG montage?

Xevross

So it's basically just a CG montage?
Nah I'd still say less than half of the film is action pieces.

the-pi-guy

Black Panther is holding pretty well.  
Maybe it can do $30m this weekend worldwide.  

Should pretty easily make another $50m in the US.  Jurassic World did about that at this point, and BP is tracking way ahead of it thus far.  

$1.3 billion is pretty much a lock, I think.

Xevross

Hey that's my job >:(

the-pi-guy

Hey that's my job >:(
:P
I was into following movies like a decade ago!
But then I stopped caring for a while.  :P

BananaKing

Black Panther is holding pretty well.  
Maybe it can do $30m this weekend worldwide.  

Should pretty easily make another $50m in the US.  Jurassic World did about that at this point, and BP is tracking way ahead of it thus far.  

$1.3 billion is pretty much a lock, I think.
I wonder if it will pass TLJ. That would be a shocker. Either way this film was ALOT bigger than I expected. I was expecting something in the 600-800 million range.

Go Up