SCEJA SVP: 170 PlayStation 4 Retail Title Announcements Due by March 2015

Started by ethomaz, Sep 03, 2014, 12:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Lock if not fastest than light speed.

Sony Computer Entertainment announced a number of new PlayStation 4 games during its Japan Asia press conference earlier this week. But there is a lot more to come, according to SCE Japan Asia senior vice president Hiroshi Ueda.

"I'm glad that, of all the titles we showcased, they were exceedingly abundant in variety," Ueda stated in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation. "I think we'll be able to announce 170 titles, only packaged titles and not including download versions, by March of next year."

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/sceja-svp-170-playstation-4-retail-title-announcements-due-march-2015

Legend

Raven

This statement needs clarification. 170 retail games by March 2015... from what time? Since launch? Since the beginning of this year? Since this Summer?

If we're going by since launch, which seems the most likely scenario, even then that's still a healthy amount of retail games not announced yet. Surely they won't all be exclusive but based on the number of retail games released so far plus the games already announced, for both East and West, he could be saying that they have as many as 39 games to be announced between now and then.

ethomaz

Wut!?

They are saying they will announce 170 titles for retail release in Japan until March 2015.

ethomaz

This statement needs clarification. 170 retail games by March 2015... from what time? Since launch? Since the beginning of this year? Since this Summer?

If we're going by since launch, which seems the most likely scenario, even then that's still a healthy amount of retail games not announced yet. Surely they won't all be exclusive but based on the number of retail games released so far plus the games already announced, for both East and West, he could be saying that they have as many as 39 games to be announced between now and then.

It is for Japan... you will see a lot of Musou games, Hearts, etc... and they will announce (maybe release some).

Legend

They are saying they will announce 170 titles for retail release in Japan until March 2015.

Haha I was expressing shock. I understood him :)

ethomaz

Haha I was expressing shock. I understood him :)

Everybody knows they will announce more 20 titles in the other TGS conference... just more 150 to go ;)

7H3

that is crazy, but $1 is about 100 yen so... it really means about 17 games :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend