Who do you want Sony to buy next?

Started by fireburn95, Sep 02, 2014, 12:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

fireburn95

Sony have the largest roster of first party devs, and to be honest one of the best pool second party partners.

They got rid of a bit of dead weight ( :[  )  in the past 2 years with big big, sony liverpool and Zipper.

With so many close partners, you would think they are looking at securing a talented team to work closer with them.

Some of the obvious are the likes of Quantic Dream, Ready at Dawn.
I believe they would even try and snap up Insomniac Games (if sunset overdrive flops)
But then there's indie devs who make industry standard AAA games like ThatGameCompany, Hello Games & Giant Sparrow.
And others who focus on playstation and PC such as Q Games and Double Eleven.

As a note, Sony's latest studio consists of university grads, called Pixelopus (They made Entwined)

But with the PS4 being succesful, they need to snap crackle and pop someone from somewhere.
For example, with the success of littlebigplanet, sony snapped up Media Molecule, and likewise with Infamous and Sucker Punch, last gen.

Overall, I would say Insomniac. They have 3 teams, provide the fun, creativity most games lack, and would strengthen their lineup severely. Allow one team to focus on mobile and casual, and the other two teams can rotate between platforming style games and hardcore games. I respect Insomniacs independency, but I feel their games were better in their prime when they were working uber close with Sony, almost like a first party, instead of a third party who will only make exclusive ratchet & clank games on Playstation.

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

I expect Giant Sparrow to be picked up.

Just out of who I want though, I'd really like to see them buy Crytek.

Max King of the Wild

nnodley

Thinking about it, Ready at Dawn and Quantic Dream seem very likely to stay second party since I imagine Sony is the only publisher that is allowing them to do anything they want with their games.  So I personally see them staying 2nd party.  I think any new first party studios they get/buy are gonna be indie or built form the ground up.

7H3

I want a new ip like jak and daxter or sly that had local and online co op... so whoever would deliver that :-)
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

DrakeSnake

Studio Ghibli- make some great animes of Sony's games.

Level 5- Want a Ni No Kuni sequel.

Capcom- hem big exclusive franchisees (Street Fight, Resident Evil, Dragons Dogman, Megaman, ect)

From Software- More Souls games.

Nintendo- for the lols

BasilZero

Level 5 would be great.

We need more games like Ni No Kuni :O

Raven

Well as far as who I think they very likely will buy in the near future, I'd say Housemarque is a safe bet. Quantic Dream wouldn't surprise me and neither would Ready At Dawn. Sanzaru could be picked up as well. As far as who I'd like to see them buy, while being realistic, I'd say Level 5. Having a studio dedicated to creating JRPGs would be fantastic.

BananaKing

i would love it if they buy Quantic Dream. but those guys just want to make the games they want to make and their relationship with sony has been very strong, so really, there is no "need" for sony to buy them.

Ready At Dawn. these guys have had a very strong relationship with sony and sony has helped them grow a lot. if the order scores well then IMO i think they should buy them

Housemarque - these guys pump out pretty great arcade games. and they score well and do well. so it would be interesting if sony bought them and made them grow, maybe helped them become AAA devs.

darkknightkryta

I think Sony is actually in a really good position right now in terms of devs.  They just need to make more partnerships in Japan.  I mean, they haven't worked with Level 5 in a while.  But looking at Sony's pre TGS conference, it looks like they're shaping up.

u4gReservoirDogs

Studio ghibli + Level 5 s'il vous plait!  8)
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller