Let It Die Announced (Suda51, Grasshopper/GungHo, UE4, PS4)

Started by ethomaz, Sep 01, 2014, 10:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

yeah this game totally has me thinking manhunt in terms of brutality and style, but gameplay looks like it will be quite different. I'm hyped!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Max King of the Wild

I think he's talking about the art style more or less.
if that's the case then I think it'd be more accurate to draw parallels with Madworld. I don't remember arenas in manhunt. Also, with the filter, blood splatter and nonstop splicing I'm not sure how you can comment on style. Even then, my point stands. Similarities in one game doesn't make it generic. I just had this argument about TLoU

7H3

Sep 02, 2014, 02:52 PM Last Edit: Sep 02, 2014, 02:54 PM by 7H3
HYPE!!!!

i'm the one singing "let it die" in the gif... everyone else just on looking in shock like srsly wtf.... my own personal hype train
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

if that's the case then I think it'd be more accurate to draw parallels with Madworld. I don't remember arenas in manhunt. Also, with the filter, blood splatter and nonstop splicing I'm not sure how you can comment on style. Even then, my point stands. Similarities in one game doesn't make it generic. I just had this argument about TLoU

Play area is irrelevant. It has the dirty, back alley, urban horror vibe that Manhunt had. I believe that's what he's comparing it to. Kryta seems to be someone who is very much into a more vibrant or anime-ish setting. Like what Lily Bergamo appeared to be. Generic may not be the proper term to use but I think he may just be saying that for lack of a better word.

darkknightkryta

Play area is irrelevant. It has the dirty, back alley, urban horror vibe that Manhunt had. I believe that's what he's comparing it to. Kryta seems to be someone who is very much into a more vibrant or anime-ish setting. Like what Lily Bergamo appeared to be. Generic may not be the proper term to use but I think he may just be saying that for lack of a better word.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at.  Though I didn't actually hear what Lily Bergamo was until now.

Max King of the Wild

play area has a lot to do with ambiance.

Raven

play area has a lot to do with ambiance.

True but as I said, Kryta was talking about the general art style which is dirty, back-alley, urban horror.

mustacheman

Looks so generic and bleh.

No offense to anyone who likes this....

Agreed. I'm quite a fan of suda51, but for some reason this just isn't doing it for me right now :/

Go Up