Xbox's Shannon Loftis to IGN reviewer: "dont discourage people from playing our game"

Started by Legend, Nov 11, 2017, 03:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Xbox's Shannon Loftis to IGN reviewer: "dont discourage people from playing our game" | ResetEra

Im paraphrasing the title but here is the tweet For context, Ryan with IGN gave Super Luckys Tale a poor score and has been the subject of much harassment as a rresult(​IMG)/  Edit: Here is the start of the tweet thread, for additional context LycanXIII said:  
Here's the chain that Ryan was responding to:(​IMG)/https://twitter.com/Extremis1983/status/929044962238517248Click to expand...
How do you guys feel about someone in that position calling out reviewers publicly for trashing a game? Further to that, should they be allowed to outright tell people not to purchase it? Is that not a part of their job? And please dont use this to go after Shannon on social media, further personal attacks arent any kind of solution. Im more interested in discussing if theres precedence for this type of situation and what the fact its happening means for the realtionship between journalists and game companies.   

DD_Bwest

well then they shouldnt actively make bad games..

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Uh, tough shame sunshine. You make a bad game, it's your fault not the reviewer's

darkknightkryta

She should be attacked, she's an idiot.

Cute Pikachu

The fact that this is over a game like Super Lucky Tale is funny to me. This isn't their big games like Halo, Forza, Gears, Sea of Thieves, or Minecraft, but Super Luckys Tale..
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

The fact that this is over a game like Super Lucky Tale is funny to me. This isn't their big games like Halo, Forza, Gears, Sea of Thieves, or Minecraft, but Super Luckys Tale..
Phil did something similar for recore.

the-pi-guy

Nov 11, 2017, 06:19 PM Last Edit: Nov 11, 2017, 06:22 PM by the-pi-guy
"We're very proud of how the game ended up. And I think seven, eight, nine, like anywhere in there is fine. Three or four… I mean somebody gave Forza Horizon 3 a four.