Sony: PSVR needs more competition

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 22, 2017, 12:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

VR needs more competition to build audience, top player Sony says | Reuters

Sony has sold more than 500,000 headsets in the three months through June, showed data from IDC, giving it an "unmatched" lead over rivals such Facebook Inc's Oculus Rift and HTC Corp's Vive, the researcher said.
"I'm not entirely comfortable being the market leader in VR by such a margin that seems to be happening right now," Andrew House, chief executive of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc, said in an interview.

SWORDF1SH

PSVR still going strong. There should be another surge in sales when GT drops and I expect Sony to drop the price this holiday.

darkknightkryta

I never thought I'd hear a business man say he's not happy with having a monopoly.  

Legend

Probably around ~1.5 million sold LTD.

I never thought I'd hear a business man say he's not happy with having a monopoly.  
Probably needs more competition so more games are made. VR is still too young right now.

darkknightkryta

Probably around ~1.5 million sold LTD.

Probably needs more competition so more games are made. VR is still too young right now.
I know.  I still wish regular developers were like "We want VR, but we don't want to spend the resources to downgrade the game to 60fps.  Sony do it for us"  I mean, there's no excuse other than that for any first person shooter game to not be VR.