PUBG's Xbox "exclusivity" is just as confusing as it was for ROTTB.

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 20, 2017, 11:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

PUBG's Xbox "exclusivity" is just as confusing as it was for ROTTB. - NeoGAF

https://twitter.com/poopieQueen/stat...60281255710722/
 I swear, it's Rise of the Tomb Raider all over again.
 Which probably means it's coming to PS4 at some point after the Xbox release.
 But this shame needs to stop.

Legend

Ludicrous Speed

Aug 21, 2017, 12:29 AM Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017, 12:31 AM by Ludicrous Speed
Probably exclusive in the console realm to Xbox One until it's out of early access, similar to Ark.

I don't get why people are surprised by ambiguous wording with these deals. It benefits MS to be vague. If they say "exclusive to Xbox until June 2018" then anyone who might have gotten the game on Xbox One or even gotten an Xbox One for the game know exactly how long they have to wait. Lots of angry people in GAF... like, why? Who gives a shame.

ethomaz

It was announced as early on XB1 at E3.

That means it will come to others consoles later.

Xbro

Rise of the Tom Braider
3 people like this

Kerotan

Yeah will be out on ps4 in 2018. No need to worry,  Xbox gets barely any full time exclusives anymore.  The ps4 is too lucrative to permanently ignore.

darkknightkryta

Probably exclusive in the console realm to Xbox One until it's out of early access, similar to Ark.

I don't get why people are surprised by ambiguous wording with these deals. It benefits MS to be vague. If they say "exclusive to Xbox until June 2018" then anyone who might have gotten the game on Xbox One or even gotten an Xbox One for the game know exactly how long they have to wait. Lots of angry people in GAF... like, why? Who gives a shame.
It didn't benefit Microsoft when they tried with Tomb Raider, on the contrary, it just made them look more "evil" (I can't think of a better word) and brought ill will and malice from the community of gamers.