If MS want PS4 cross play they should

Started by Kerotan, Aug 19, 2017, 06:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

Aug 21, 2017, 09:44 PM Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017, 09:53 PM by SWORDF1SH
I literally just told you why they want crossplay on the PlayStation versions of Minecraft. Instead of passive aggressive nonsense and tin foil hattery, friend, just slow it down and let the game come to you. Hint: I didn't say anything remotely close to "MS wants crossplay because they care about gamers!". I said they want to sell those gamers DLC. Hope that helps.

Still waiting on this grand plan Microsoft has to gain subs by putting crossplay into Minecraft. Are you saying they'll maybe one day make a Minecraft sub or something? In which case, who gives a crud. They'd just be one more publisher with a subscription. If pure talking XBL subs though, lulz.
Passive aggressive, a term I see you use a lot. Very ironic!
OK I'm just going to spell it out for you. You keep mentioning Minecraft like that's your defence but just forget Minecraft for God sake. So let's say little Johnny in Japan wants to play Titanfall 2 on Xbox but, o no, there's nobody to play with. Now if they had the PS crowd to play with, boom! Busy servers. Not sure how popular Titanfall is in Japan but that's just an example. Same goes for European territories where the Xbox also lags behind. This is an example of why ms wants to leech off of Sony for their users. Why would Sony want to give up that advantage? It doesn't take a rocket scientists to work that out.
Now subs, say Sony allows crossplay and further down the line most games are cross play. What's not to say that MS introduces that you need to sync a Xbox account (or create one) to play cross play from a PS to their users. How would Sony stop that? They allow every software company to let PSN users sign up to one of their accounts. How can they stop MS from letting their user making Xbox accounts. They could be powerless. 
Come on Ludicrous ffs friend.  ;D

Cute Pikachu

Y'all gotta chill.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

SWORDF1SH

Ludicrous Speed

Passive aggressive, a term I see you use a lot. Very ironic!
OK I'm just going to spell it out for you. You keep mentioning Minecraft like that's your defence but just forget Minecraft for God sake. So let's say little Johnny in Japan wants to play Titanfall 2 on Xbox but, o no, there's nobody to play with. Now if they had the PS crowd to play with, boom! Busy servers. Not sure how popular Titanfall is in Japan but that's just an example. Same goes for European territories where the Xbox also lags behind. This is an example of why ms wants to leech off of Sony for their users. Why would Sony want to give up that advantage? It doesn't take a rocket scientists to work that out.
Now subs, say Sony allows crossplay and further down the line most games are cross play. What's not to say that MS introduces that you need to sync a Xbox account (or create one) to play cross play from a PS to their users. How would Sony stop that? They allow every software company to let PSN users sign up to one of their accounts. How can they stop MS from letting their user making Xbox accounts. They could be powerless.  
Come on Ludicrous ffs friend.  ;D
I don't use that term a lot. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

I mention Minecraft because that's the only Microsoft game in the whole cross play discussion. Rocket League developers wanting cross play doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft. Square wanting cross play doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft. Ark developers didn't discuss how their game could have cross play, that it was already working perfectly, but Sony won't allow it, they didn't do all this to benefit Microsoft. Minecraft on the other hand is something that would greatly benefit MS if it got even more users in its next evolution because that means more potential revenue for Microsoft. All of this doom and gloom, tin foil hattery you're bringing up, Titanfall 2 servers in Japan don't make it happen LOL, Minecraft does. Of course, like I already said, Microsoft has tons of people who will receive the Play Together or whatever update, the PS crowd would be icing on the cake, not something vital. What do you think is the highest Minecraft userbase? PS4? Hardly.

And L oh freaking L at "defence". That console warrior mentality on display. Am I on trial or something? Who is being defended here? I already said Microsoft wants PS users because they want to sell them stuff. Is that a ringing endorsement for the company or something? Good lord.

How would Microsoft force other developers to require an XBL account in order for their games to work crossplay? You're not making any sense, the tin foil hat must be on too tight. The only games Microsoft can do that with, is their own. aka, Minecraft. Thanks for bringing it back to Minecraft! You see, Microsoft owns Minecraft. In order for users to play online with the new update, they need an XBL account. Just like to play an Ubi game you need Uplay. To play Madden you need an Origin account. To play GTA you make a Social Club or whatever account. This is no big deal. Microsoft doesn't even include users like these in their MAU lists. But you're saying maybe one day potentially they could probably go to Activision or another company and say hey hey hey if u want destiny 3 users to play ps4 vs xbox u gotta code it in so that ps4 guys gotta have xbl! And since you said subs I assume you mean an actual subscription aka XBL gold which makes it even more ridiculous. You know what the devs would do? Laugh in Microsoft's face, and remove crossplay.

They want PS Minecraft players to be able to download the Play Together update so they can sell them DLC. That's the entirety of it. Quit trying to play chess while Microsoft is just playing checkers, friend :D

SWORDF1SH

I don't use that term a lot. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

I mention Minecraft because that's the only Microsoft game in the whole cross play discussion. Rocket League developers wanting cross play doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft. Square wanting cross play doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft. Ark developers didn't discuss how their game could have cross play, that it was already working perfectly, but Sony won't allow it, they didn't do all this to benefit Microsoft. Minecraft on the other hand is something that would greatly benefit MS if it got even more users in its next evolution because that means more potential revenue for Microsoft. All of this doom and gloom, tin foil hattery you're bringing up, Titanfall 2 servers in Japan don't make it happen LOL, Minecraft does. Of course, like I already said, Microsoft has tons of people who will receive the Play Together or whatever update, the PS crowd would be icing on the cake, not something vital. What do you think is the highest Minecraft userbase? PS4? Hardly.

And L oh freaking L at "defence". That console warrior mentality on display. Am I on trial or something? Who is being defended here? I already said Microsoft wants PS users because they want to sell them stuff. Is that a ringing endorsement for the company or something? Good lord.

How would Microsoft force other developers to require an XBL account in order for their games to work crossplay? You're not making any sense, the tin foil hat must be on too tight. The only games Microsoft can do that with, is their own. aka, Minecraft. Thanks for bringing it back to Minecraft! You see, Microsoft owns Minecraft. In order for users to play online with the new update, they need an XBL account. Just like to play an Ubi game you need Uplay. To play Madden you need an Origin account. To play GTA you make a Social Club or whatever account. This is no big deal. Microsoft doesn't even include users like these in their MAU lists. But you're saying maybe one day potentially they could probably go to Activision or another company and say hey hey hey if u want destiny 3 users to play ps4 vs xbox u gotta code it in so that ps4 guys gotta have xbl! And since you said subs I assume you mean an actual subscription aka XBL gold which makes it even more ridiculous. You know what the devs would do? Laugh in Microsoft's face, and remove crossplay.

They want PS Minecraft players to be able to download the Play Together update so they can sell them DLC. That's the entirety of it. Quit trying to play chess while Microsoft is just playing checkers, friend :D
You know what, I can't argue with that. You make some good points. But I do feel MS are applying pressure for crossplay to benefit them with other games. And subs I just mean the bog standard silver account. It's all about the MAUs.
Anyway your points are valid.

Ludicrous Speed

You're right not to trust them. It is Microsoft after all. At the start of this gen we saw what they think they can get away with if you give them a little leeway. I just don't think they have the power to sway third parties like that.

ethomaz

Kerotan

Lol calm down LudicrousSpeed.  

The point is xbox would have the guarantee that their online games wouldn't become a ghost town with the massive ps4 player base and xbox gamers wouldn't have to buy a PS4 to play with their mates.  

If Microsoft want these perks off a rival that's already destroying them they they need to kneel down and kiss kaz's feet. Aka release their already multiplatform games (pc/xb) on ps4.

Sony prevent cross play on xbox,  Ms prevent their games on ps4. It's the perfect trade off.

the-pi-guy

Microsoft (Aaron Greenberg) confirms they're in talks with Sony about crossplay - NeoGAF

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/5854...out+crossplay/
 When asked if Microsoft had been discussing things further with Sony after their reluctance to partake in the Minecraft crossplay saga, this was Greenberg's response:
 "Absolutely, yeah. We're talking to Sony (about crossplay), we do partner with them on Minecraft and of course we would like to enable them to be part of that; one community, to unite gamers. So we're talking to them and we're hopeful that they'll be supportive of it."

Ludicrous Speed

Forza 7 coming to PS4 confirmed, total.

Legend

I don't understand the desire of this sort of cross play for most games.

Playing with friends on other systems would be cool but this is just playing with randoms. It only helps if the online population is small.

Go Up