NPD April 2017 Results (Switch 280k, PS4 > 200k, XB1 < 128k, 3DS 68k, NES Classic #2)

Started by ethomaz, May 11, 2017, 09:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Does anybody else think the 280k number is rather abysmal?
I wouldn't say abysmal since it's entirely due to low supply but it's lower than I expected

the-pi-guy

A bit.
But it looks like a shipping problem more than a demand problem.  
I checked all the big stores, if they have any Switches at all, they are selling them for 400$ or 500$.  The fact that it's still selling out... is pretty impressive in my opinion.  

DerNebel

A bit.
But it looks like a shipping problem more than a demand problem.  
I checked all the big stores, if they have any Switches at all, they are selling them for 400$ or 500$.  The fact that it's still selling out... is pretty impressive in my opinion.  
Sucks for you guys, you can find them where I live. :P

SWORDF1SH

I think it's strange that Nintendo can't keep up with demand but it's supply issues, international or not, is the reason it's sold relatively poor.

Legend

YEs.

THey really should be making more.

darkknightkryta

Depends what Nintendo shipped.  Did they only ship 280k for the month?  If yes, then no.  Did they ship more?  Then yes.  3DS numbers are abysmal though.

Kerotan

Leave it to Nintendo to ship only 70k less to Japan than to the US in a month even though the US has like 3 times as many people living in it and a way bigger gaming market as well. GG Nintendo
Switch's sold in Japan are probably more profitable for them then in America.  So yeah GG Nintendo,  maximise those profits.

DerNebel

SWORDF1SH

SWORDF1SH

ethomaz

Legend

Go Up