Are you an emotional person?

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 25, 2017, 12:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

You?

the-pi-guy

Never:  Never cried a day in my life.  The day I was born, the doctor was the only one crying.  I slapped him right up.  

Occasionally:  Only in times of great sadness.  

Often:  I cry at very sad movies like a regular person.  

A lot:  I cry a lot.  Once a week at least.  

Always:  I'm crying right now.  Nothing even happened.

ethomaz

Apr 25, 2017, 12:49 PM Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 12:52 PM by ethomaz
I mostly of the time don't cry but that is not because I'm not emotional... so very few times I cried (in the sense of tears from the eyes) in my life.
Said that I got emotional watching TV if the story is really great... I remember a movie where the mother cut her hair to show her daughter with cancer that it was not a shame to walk in the street without hair... it a very powerful and emotional scene... there are a lot others that make me really emotive.

Ohhhhhhh I had a little story.

I was born with some disease on eyes which tears left them all the time (no matter if I was wake up or sleeping the tears don't stop to left my eyes)... it took about 1 month with this disease until my grandmother make a promise to take me to see a image of popular Saint here in Brasil on her knees if I get cured... well a day before my surgery I wake up without any tear and my disease was cured... my grandmother two month late took me in a travel to pay her promise (the Saint image was in another city 600km away from my city... of course she only took me on her knees about 1km).

Of course I won't say it is a Miracle like she believed but instead I believe that in my first month I did grow and the disease stopped for itself :D

Yeah that counts like my first real trip... 3-4 months old... and I don't remember anything... I was told all about that by my parents and family.

BananaKing

GribbleGrunger

Always, and it's a crippling problem.

Xevross

Always, and it's a crippling problem.
Really? How does it work?

I get emotional occasionally but its barely ever sadness. Can be a wide range of emotions really. For example, right now I'm stressed about my exams next week and annoyed at my lack of motivation to revise for them :'(

Dr. Pezus

Occasionally yeah. I don't show a lot around people. Also when I'm happy or excited I don't look it that much I guess

Legend

When I was younger I felt like I lacked empathy of a sorts. I cared about other people but never had an emotional response to their struggles.

Then after puberty I pulled a 180 and now tear up everytime I see a sad story. Heck I almost cried during The Expanse finale.

BananaKing

When I was younger I felt like I lacked empathy of a sorts. I cared about other people but never had an emotional response to their struggles.

Then after puberty I pulled a 180 and now tear up everytime I see a sad story. Heck I almost cried during The Expanse finale.
is that a good show? watched the first few minutes of it. seems ok

and ya'll are a bunch of bedsprings!

cant wait for raven to come in ranting in this thread.

nnodley

I'm kind of the same way. But,  I still don't have empathy towards other peoples problems/struggles unless it's close family.  I do get emotional in shows at times and only if it's well acted and has a proper score to it to accentuate the response.  Like with Lost I teared up so many times.  Even second time watching I do.  

I think a part of the problem nowadays is that people throw their struggles out onto social media just for people to feel sad for them.  It makes me just feel nothing for them trying use something to get attention, it's a pathetic display most of the time.

Raven

is that a good show? watched the first few minutes of it. seems ok

and ya'll are a bunch of bedsprings!

cant wait for raven to come in ranting in this thread.
Lol the fudge man? I wasn't even going to post in here.

the-pi-guy

Probably because Raven doesn't want us to know how emotional he is.  

::)

BananaKing

sure you werent..... you were either going to rant, or post something pervy.

Raven

sure you werent..... you were either going to rant, or post something pervy.
Now I'm considering a pervy rant.