Call of Duty WW2 announced

Started by Legend, Apr 21, 2017, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Legend

BananaKing

i just cant seem to care

Dr. Pezus

Could be good but they'd have to change the flow a lot to make it realistic.

Xevross

I'm hyped. If it plays like the CODs of Black Ops and MW era then I'm all in.

Legend

I Hope it involves aliens or some crazy alt history.

nnodley

Yeah i don't want to go back to WW2 unless its alt-history

Xevross

I couldn't care less about alt history or not, or what war it is tbh. I just want old style slower movement COD back!

DD_Bwest

somewhat interested but battlefield has truely been a superior product for a while.

large 64 player conquest destroyes anything cod has to offer.  and that doesnt even get into terrain and building destruction and vehicles.

ill prolly get it eventually for the sp campaign. but when it gets much cheaper and can get it used at the nearby used gsme store

Raven

somewhat interested but battlefield has truely been a superior product for a while.

large 64 player conquest destroyes anything cod has to offer.  and that doesnt even get into terrain and building destruction and vehicles.

ill prolly get it eventually for the sp campaign. but when it gets much cheaper and can get it used at the nearby used gsme store
Not that it isn't really warranted since Call of Duty has largely been the same multiplayer since Modern Warfare, but you are assuming nothing will change.

DD_Bwest

Not that it isn't really warranted since Call of Duty has largely been the same multiplayer since Modern Warfare, but you are assuming nothing will change.
true,  its been so long with the same formula i just took it for granted itll be the same yearly thing,  only set in ww2 instead of the future lol    but also while i think the lesson has been learned that they need to really change things,  i have doubts it was in time to really make a difference in this one,  or if they fully grasp the need for change is in the play formula and not just the setting.

Xevross

Well that's purely opinion. For me, COD is still way better than battlefield. I gave battlefield 4 and 1 a go but I just couldn't like them. Despite not liking COD as much as I used to, I still find it way, way more fun than battlefield.

the-pi-guy

I haven't played much battlefield, but the little that I have played, I think they are both very different.  

Legend

Bumping with only 14 hours to go.

I wonder how the reveal could go. Would be funny if it gets tons of love for going back to its roots and then at release is criticised for outdated gameplay.

Raven

Bumping with only 14 hours to go.

I wonder how the reveal could go. Would be funny if it gets tons of love for going back to its roots and then at release is criticised for outdated gameplay.
I think a lot is riding on this for the franchise. If this one flops for whatever reason, I don't see it recovering.

Kerotan

I think a lot is riding on this for the franchise. If this one flops for whatever reason, I don't see it recovering.
Well in 2018 they'll likely make black ops 4 so I doubt it wouldn't at least temporarily recover.  

Anyway it's WW2 next which will hopefully mean a more realistic set up. Recent cod has been way too arcadey.  They should make it more like WAW and cod3. Bigger maps,  vehicles and add in destruction to the environment.

Go Up