PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

If they aren't saved locally, you're screwed. Trophies only pop at the time of activity. Games can't award them based off old data.
Yeah they aren't.  I'm not sure why they are not being awarded.  I'm not that worried about them though.  I do wonder if playing the missions again would have them pop in or with a new character eventually.

nnodley

Oh so I guess the reason the trophies in destiny are not popping in is because those other missions I haven't done yet.  I thought they were all just the different story missions, but they are separate quest lines after finishing the The Taken King quest line.

BasilZero

Went from Chapter 9 to Chapter 13 in FFXV.

I guess I'm nearing the end lol - at least for the main storyline.

Kerotan

Any chance Sony might leave the the ps4 price above $200 for next year?  They might settle on $220 although I still think once it drops to $199 this holiday it stays at $199.

Let's say it does.  What do they do holiday 2018? Drop to $149 with a super slim?  Maybe they'll drop it to $169..

BasilZero

Finished the main story for FFXV - I liked it but now for all the sidequests, optional dungeons and Hunts ;)

DerNebel

So when did Neogaf become such mobile cancer? The site just popped a spam page on my phone and automatically downloaded some apk file.

BasilZero

So when did Neogaf become such mobile cancer? The site just popped a spam page on my phone and automatically downloaded some apk file.
They have advertisements.

Use adblock, thats what I use.

BasilZero

I score FFXV a 89 out of 100.

I enjoyed it for the most part but left me wanting for more and with some confusion with the storyline.

I hope they release more content for the game in the future (mostly based on story) - going by that in game survey they did, I guess they will go ahead and implement those ideas.

When they do, I'll be getting the game on PC though.

In the mean time, I'm gonna continue playing through its post game to get a platinum trophy.

Anyways, here's my comparison sake review score list for my favorite game series :)

Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA): 83
Final Fantasy I Dawn of Souls (GBA): 82
Final Fantasy I Anniversary (PSP): 85
Final Fantasy II Dawn of Souls (GBA): 83
Final Fantasy II Anniversary (PSP): 85
Final Fantasy III (NES): 80
Final Fantasy IV (SNES): 90
Final Fantasy IV (PSX): 89
Final Fantasy IV (GBA): 86
Final Fantasy IV (PSP): 94
Final Fantasy IV After Years/Prologue (PSP): 88
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP): 92
Final Fantasy V (SNES): 84
Final Fantasy V (PSX): 83
Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA): 88
Final Fantasy VI (SNES): 95
Final Fantasy VI (PSX): 95
Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA): 95
Final Fantasy VII (PSX): 93
Final Fantasy VII (PC): 93
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PSP): 93
Final Fantasy VIII (PSX): 88
Final Fantasy VIII (PC): 88
Final Fantasy IX (PSX): 95
Final Fantasy IX (PC): 97
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3): 88
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3): 86
Final Fantasy XV (PS4): 89
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4): 87
Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP): 100
Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 Duodecim (PSP): 96
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX): 94
Final Fantasy Chronicles (PSX): 95
Final Fantasy Anthology (PSX): 91

the-pi-guy

I enjoyed it for the most part but left me wanting for more and with some confusion with the storyline.

I hope they release more content for the game in the future (mostly based on story) - going by that in game survey they did, I guess they will go ahead and implement those ideas.

In the mean time, I'm gonna continue playing through its post game to get a platinum trophy.

Anyways, here's my comparison sake review score list for my favorite game series :)

Did you not play X?

Xevross

:o  what on earth did you like so much about it? I know a fair amount of people scored it around 9/10 or higher but I'm curious what your reasoning is. I think I settled on a score of 70/100 for it

BasilZero

May 29, 2017, 01:50 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:00 PM by BasilZero
Did you not play X?
I did - PS2 versions and I own the PS3 version.

Its just I didnt start rating games until after 2010 and I finished FFX way before that.

When I finish FFX/X-2 on PS3 , I'll rate the PS2 versions alongside it. I'm also thinking about getting the PS4 versions but only when its dirt cheap and on PSN. I'm also gonna buy the games on Steam eventually in the future when they are like $10 or less.

Same thing with XII except I'll be getting the PS4 remaster day 1 :D

:o  what on earth did you like so much about it? I know a fair amount of people scored it around 9/10 or higher but I'm curious what your reasoning is. I think I settled on a score of 70/100 for it

Here's the pros and cons from my review (I think I may missed a few but here's what I mainly remember :P

Pros
+Great and engaging combat system
+Great character interactions and cutscenes
+Fantastic OST that also consists of songs from different FF games
+A lot of fanservice for those that have a long history and nostalgia of the game series through items, monsters, etc
+Very lengthy, takes about 45 to 50 hours to complete at normal mode
+Consists of a lot of sidequests, hunts and optional dungeons which increase replay value
+New Game+ is available
+Multiple difficulty modes
+Decent number of mini games such as Justice monsters and fishing
+Social media options such as uploading photos taken

Cons
-Magic system and summon system are not as great as previous FF games (summons are done rarely and magic you create or combine with items/elements)
-A lot of plot holes and off screen events between characters
-Major storyline involving major characters tied to DLC
-Some glitches occur where it prevents you from completing a sidequest
-Plot is weakly explained through NPCs which you have to get near and is at random at some parts alongside a lot of reading some items on throughout the game's locations
-A lot of updates which can be annoying especially if you are playing through the game and it changes something drastically.
-Driving mechanics are horrible and are on rails
-Some visual aspects look like last gen (PS3 gen or even from PSP gen)
-Some voiceovers are hard to understand due to music playing over the conversations
-Special events such as Chocobo Moogle Carnival, can only be accessed at certain times during event periods

I know that is a lot of cons but the pros outweighed for the most part except when it comes to the overall story. Still salty on how the story turned out and how some major plot points are tied to DLC....

ALSO - they had a survey in the last update which asks you to vote for what you want to see for the future, with a list of all sorts of stuff you would think they would put in the game but guess what? They will release them accordingly to the number of votes.

Stuff included are additional storylines for each character, playable characters that include Aranea, Cor, etc. Hard mode, Amiriger skills and stat boosts.

I guess its gonna be another year or two before FFXV becomes "Completed".

This makes me put off from buying the Season pass on PSN. fudgy Squareenix.

I'll be buying the PC ver when it gets all the content and when its about $10.

Xevross

I did - PS2 versions and I own the PS3 version.

Its just I didnt start rating games until after 2010 and I finished FFX way before that.

When I finish FFX/X-2 on PS3 , I'll rate the PS2 versions alongside it. I'm also thinking about getting the PS4 versions but only when its dirt cheap and on PSN. I'm also gonna buy the games on Steam eventually in the future when they are like $10 or less.

Same thing with XII except I'll be getting the PS4 remaster day 1 :D

Here's the pros and cons from my review (I think I may missed a few but here's what I mainly remember :P

Pros
+Great and engaging combat system
+Great character interactions and cutscenes
+Fantastic OST that also consists of songs from different FF games
+A lot of fanservice for those that have a long history and nostalgia of the game series through items, monsters, etc
+Very lengthy, takes about 45 to 50 hours to complete at normal mode
+Consists of a lot of sidequests, hunts and optional dungeons which increase replay value
+New Game+ is available
+Multiple difficulty modes
+Decent number of mini games such as Justice monsters and fishing
+Social media options such as uploading photos taken

Cons
-Magic system and summon system are not as great as previous FF games (summons are done rarely and magic you create or combine with items/elements)
-A lot of plot holes and off screen events between characters
-Major storyline involving major characters tied to DLC
-Some glitches occur where it prevents you from completing a sidequest
-Plot is weakly explained through NPCs which you have to get near and is at random at some parts alongside a lot of reading some items on throughout the game's locations
-A lot of updates which can be annoying especially if you are playing through the game and it changes something drastically.
-Driving mechanics are horrible and are on rails
-Some visual aspects look like last gen (PS3 gen or even from PSP gen)
-Some voiceovers are hard to understand due to music playing over the conversations
-Special events such as Chocobo Moogle Carnival, can only be accessed at certain times during event periods

I know that is a lot of cons but the pros outweighed for the most part except when it comes to the overall story. Still salty on how the story turned out and how some major plot points are tied to DLC....

ALSO - they had a survey in the last update which asks you to vote for what you want to see for the future, with a list of all sorts of stuff you would think they would put in the game but guess what? They will release them accordingly to the number of votes.

Stuff included are additional storylines for each character, playable characters that include Aranea, Cor, etc. Hard mode, Amiriger skills and stat boosts.

I guess its gonna be another year or two before FFXV becomes "Completed".

This makes me put off from buying the Season pass on PSN. fudgy Squareenix.

I'll be buying the PC ver when it gets all the content and when its about $10.
Hmm we have similar pros and cons, I think the story and pacing being so bad just weighed it down heavily for me. Plus the vast majority of the sidequests were boring fetch/ kill quests. And for me no way is fishing a pro, I couldn't stand that shame.

Chapter 13 is also hot garbage, from that point on I just couldn't wait for the game to end really

BasilZero

Hmm we have similar pros and cons, I think the story and pacing being so bad just weighed it down heavily for me. Plus the vast majority of the sidequests were boring fetch/ kill quests. And for me no way is fishing a pro, I couldn't stand that shame.

Chapter 13 is also hot garbage, from that point on I just couldn't wait for the game to end really
Lol - I didnt mind fishing - I fished for an hour and I didnt even know the time went by....even uploaded it lmao.

The kill quests I enjoyed, if only Ni no kuni was like that....except it was worse farming items from monsters.

Also ya, Chapter 13 lmao.  I heard from some people it was hard. But it wasnt hard at all, I guess I was overleveled but I found it too long and tedious too. Didnt take me too long though, I ran through some enemies in the 2nd half.

They now give you a option to play as Gladio and Ignis during Chapter 13 supposedly stated as "Easy Mode for chapter 13" but I didnt try it. Supposedly its shorter and easier and also shows some additional cutscenes - thought they would give me a option to play their side after Noctis but did not, guess I had to make a separate save file for it....well too late for that now lol.

Xevross

Lol - I didnt mind fishing - I fished for an hour and I didnt even know the time went by....even uploaded it lmao.

The kill quests I enjoyed, if only Ni no kuni was like that....except it was worse farming items from monsters.

Also ya, Chapter 13 lmao.  I heard from some people it was hard. But it wasnt hard at all, I guess I was overleveled but I found it too long and tedious too. Didnt take me too long though, I ran through some enemies in the 2nd half.

They now give you a option to play as Gladio and Ignis during Chapter 13 supposedly stated as "Easy Mode for chapter 13" but I didnt try it. Supposedly its shorter and easier and also shows some additional cutscenes - thought they would give me a option to play their side after Noctis but did not, guess I had to make a separate save file for it....well too late for that now lol.
Well luckily for you they've patched chapter 13 fairly recently to make Noctis' route quite a lot easier as well as adding Ignis and Gladio's route. From what I've read the changes are quite significant and it genuinely is a lot better now.

You can select to play the other route of chapter 13 when you've finished the game I think

BasilZero

Well luckily for you they've patched chapter 13 fairly recently to make Noctis' route quite a lot easier as well as adding Ignis and Gladio's route. From what I've read the changes are quite significant and it genuinely is a lot better now.

You can select to play the other route of chapter 13 when you've finished the game I think
I kinda wish I was able to play the chapter when it wasnt updated....just to see how it really was lol.

Anyways, the last part - I gotta check....if so , that would be great since I've been recording the game and wouldnt want to miss any part.

Go Up