Senate votes to let internet providers share your browsing history without permission

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 28, 2017, 11:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Senate votes to let internet providers share your browsing history without permission - NeoGAF

The Verge
The US Senate has voted to overturn consumer-friendly internet privacy rules that would have prevented internet providers from sharing your web browsing history without permission.
 The privacy rules, passed last year by the FCC, required internet providers like Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T to get each customer’s permission before sharing personal information like which websites they visit. But internet providers want to be able to sell that data and use it to target ads, so they’ve been vocal about opposing the rules since around the time President Trump took office.

Passed in the house

BasilZero

BananaKing

the senate is really looking out for the little guy

also, i find it funny how south park mocked ads for wanting to destroy human life. i mean really, fudge your privacy, and just watch these dang commercials and ads you little baby.

the-pi-guy

the senate is really looking out for the little guy

This reminded me of you.
NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Senate votes to let internet providers share your browsing history without permission

Theyre gonna regret that.
 My browsing history isn't being exposed to them; they're being exposed to my browsing history.

BananaKing

This reminded me of you.
NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Senate votes to let internet providers share your browsing history without permission

I don't know what type of ads are going to be targeted towards me

"Hardcore German dungeon naughtiness game exclusive to PS4. Celebrity nip slip cameo included as a preorders bonus"

BasilZero

I dont get ads so....good luck with that :o.