Horizon Zero Dawn sales (sell-through) Exceed 2.6 Million (2 weeks), DLC teased

Started by Legend, Mar 16, 2017, 03:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Horizon Zero Dawn sales (sell-through) Exceed 2.6 Million (2 weeks), DLC teased - NeoGAF

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/horizon-z...op-2-6-million
Worldwide sales for Horizon: Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its first two weeks of launch, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced. The PlayStation 4 title was developed by Guerrilla Games and released worldwide starting February 28. It is the best-selling new first-party IP launch on PlayStation 4 to date and Guerrilla's biggest ever debut.

DEserves a thread!

DerNebel

Mar 16, 2017, 03:17 PM Last Edit: Mar 16, 2017, 03:40 PM by DerNebel
Oh wow, I didn't even see the DLC tease at first, nice!!

Edit: Btw. TLOU shipped 3.4 million in 3 weeks, the comparison isn't perfect of course, but I think it's not unrealistic to assume that Horizon sold comparable, if not better than TLOU in its first 2 weeks.

Edit 2: Also I wonder how the 2.6m number breaks down for week 1 and 2, if we assume that the global week 2 drop is around where we know that the UK and Japan drops were, then week 1 would be somewhere between 1.8 million to 2.1 million.

Xevross

2.6m sell through wooaah

BananaKing

woooooow... amazing sales... freaking amazing. this is a huge success for sony. this game will go on to sell 5M+ easily.

cant wait for the expansion lol... i cant wait for it and i still havent finished the main game haha

Dr. Pezus

Amazing sales. It'll have legs too due to reviews and word of mouth. Wouldn't be surprised if it sold 7m

Riderz1337

dang that's huge for a new IP on 1 console...

So happy for Guerilla!
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

SWORDF1SH

I wonder what the DLC will be. There's so much they can add.

DerNebel

I wonder what the DLC will be. There's so much they can add.
I definitely hope they can add one or two new machines and that it, of course, takes place in a new area.