PS Now To Support PS4 (Called It)

Started by GribbleGrunger, Mar 13, 2017, 06:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

GribbleGrunger

Mar 13, 2017, 06:12 PM Last Edit: Mar 13, 2017, 06:14 PM by GribbleGrunger
This was innevitable:

The PS Now game streaming library is set to expand this year with PS4 games, playable on PS4 and Windows PC with a single subscription.

As many of you know, PlayStation Now lets you stream hundreds of PS3 games -- currently 483 to be exact -- to your PS4 and Windows PC.

We're excited to announce that PS Now's catalog is set to grow even further, as we'll be expanding to include a new platform: PlayStation 4 games. All of the games in the service, including PS4 games, will be included with a single PS Now subscription. We'll share more information as we get closer to launch, so stay tuned.

In the next few weeks we'll kick off a private test with PS4 games on PS Now. If you're an active PS Now subscriber, keep an eye on your email in case you get an invitation.

If you're new to PS Now, the subscription service offers access to a large and ever-expanding library of games. Since PS Now utilizes our cloud streaming technology, you can access the entire catalog of games, select one, and start playing quickly without needing to wait for downloads.

Also, PS Now uses cloud saves, letting you start a game on PS4 and continue playing on another PS4 or even a Windows PC (or vice versa).

If you haven't given the service a try yet, now's the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial.

Here's a list of some of the most popular games on PlayStation Now during February:

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Mortal Kombat
  • WWE 2K15
  • The Last of Us
  • Mafia II
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • NBA 2K14
  • Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
  • Batman Arkham Origins

PlayStation Now: Stream PS4 Games in 2017 - PlayStation.Blog

Legend

Are they PS4 poor or PS4 pro?

GribbleGrunger

In my opinion they'll be launch titles, so I highly doubt we'll get Pro versions, unless they use boost mode for the service.

DerNebel

PS4 super poor, doesn't PS Now only stream in 720p anyways?

Legend

In my opinion they'll be launch titles, so I highly doubt we'll get Pro versions, unless they use boost mode for the service.
I could see it going either way. On one hand, PS Now is the cheap option for people just wanting to play when possible. They don't care about slight performance problems.

On the other hand, the whole selling point of the cloud is that you can have the best graphics possible without investing in your own hardware.

GribbleGrunger

PS4 super poor, doesn't PS Now only stream in 720p anyways?
At the moment, yes. I think the reason Sony dropped the service from everything put PS4 and PC is so they could up the bandwidth and offer 1080p.

ethomaz

Sub poor because the stream quality is sub PS4 poor quality.

Aura7541

PS4 "below poverty line" poor

darkknightkryta

Kerotan

Great news.  The service could have a bright future.  Ultimate aim is be the Netflix of gaming.  Could be a billion dollar service for Sony in 5 years.

SWORDF1SH

Mar 14, 2017, 08:43 PM Last Edit: Mar 14, 2017, 08:46 PM by SWORDF1SH
Sub poor because the stream quality is sub PS4 poor quality.
Dude! Stream is pin sharp. Here's a screenshot from Red Dead Redemption running on Now.

Raven

Dude! Stream is pin sharp. Here's a screenshot from Red Dead Redemption running on Now.

Dat dog