Space exploration and rockets general thread

Started by Legend, Jan 07, 2017, 05:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

I knew the SpaceX red dragon would put the largest payload on Mars ever, but it just hit me that the two in 2020 will put more payload on the surface than every other mission combined.

List of artificial objects on Mars - Wikipedia

9,880 kg on Mars today, while each red dragon is about 6,000 kg.

Legend

Tom Mueller interview/ speech, Skype call, 02 May 2017. (Starts 00.01.00) : spacex

Some cool stuff.

Block 5 legs will be retractable. Elon wanted 12 hour turnaround time but engineers convinced him that was extreme.

It didn't really hit me until now that the 24 hour turnaround was a near term goal, possibly this year.

DD_Bwest

holy shame that will look dang cool,   i didnt realize they had it planned so soon either..  i wonder how they plan to mount a new second stage

Legend

holy shame that will look dang cool,   i didnt realize they had it planned so soon either..  i wonder how they plan to mount a new second stage
MIght only be 24 hours for preparing the booster, not 24 hours for everything.

DOing mounting and a normal launch in 24 hours would be impressive even on a new rocket.

DD_Bwest

MIght only be 24 hours for preparing the booster, not 24 hours for everything.

DOing mounting and a normal launch in 24 hours would be impressive even on a new rocket.
yea but this is elon we are talking about lol i wouldnt put it past him to have the idea of everything in 24h.  kinda like in the video for the bfr

Legend

No landing but still fun to watch. Only 14 days since their last launch, tying for their record.

Legend

Legend

Legend

Legend

Legend

Legend

Legend

DD_Bwest

Legend

i was  gonna miss it lol  but ill prolly niss tomorrow to lol
Not tomorrow. It's on the third.

Go Up