PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

I have Rise of the Tomb Raider but I need a new GPU to play it not looking like dog.
I have every single Tomb Raider game from the mainline series and I think one of the Lara croft spinoffs.

Bought them all from a Tomb Raider bundle that was like $15 (that included the 2013 Tomb Raider with its DLC too).

I'll get the other Lara Croft one later and will get Rise and GO sometime after I upgrade my PC.

darkknightkryta

I Just installed my 1080 Amp'd... I have no idea if I installed it right O_O

I "think" I plugged it in right.  But I don't know if it matters which PCI plug plugs into which port on the card.  Windows is using the card but for whatever reason the nviida drivers are off so I'm installing them now from the DVD.

The LED is really nice, I think I might buy a window case.

darkknightkryta

Got the drivers and everything working.  Got Tomb Raider running at 4k at the right benchmarks.  The thing is QUIET.  Holy crud.  The power options are crazy too.  The card is literally dead.  Then bam.  Goes into power mode when things are running.  

BasilZero

Got the drivers and everything working.  Got Tomb Raider running at 4k at the right benchmarks.  The thing is QUIET.  Holy crud.  The power options are crazy too.  The card is literally dead.  Then bam.  Goes into power mode when things are running.  
?????

Card is literally dead, then bam?

the-pi-guy

?????

Card is literally dead, then bam?

He means like dead quiet.  
Metaphorically literally.  

Then it moves into maximum overdrive.  

darkknightkryta

Not just quiet.  It's clock speed is 215 mhz, then jumps to 1.8ghz when a game runs.   The fan also doesn't spin until the click speed rises for a bit.  Even then the thing is quieter than my 560 Ti

Dr. Pezus

Not just quiet.  It's clock speed is 215 mhz, then jumps to 1.8ghz when a game runs.   The fan also doesn't spin until the click speed rises for a bit.  Even then the thing is quieter than my 560 Ti
You had the same card as me!

darkknightkryta

You had the same card as me!
It's a very reliable card.  Still works for 720p

BasilZero

Oh lol - I thought he meant his card died xD

BasilZero

BloodRayne.....garbage dog game.

Cant believe I fell to the hype when it was showcased years ago when it first came out lol. I remember seeing it all over magazines and people were all gawking at the main character.

Got to play it finally - with all the PC version port issues aside, its a garbage game regardless.

Fricken horrible gameplay
Horrible story telling
Horrible character designs
Horrible voice acting
Lackluster OST

Its like I was playing Half-Life 1 Non-Source Edition again except in the form of Devil May Cry 2.

39 out of 100.

darkknightkryta

BloodRayne.....garbage dog game.

Cant believe I fell to the hype when it was showcased years ago when it first came out lol. I remember seeing it all over magazines and people were all gawking at the main character.

Got to play it finally - with all the PC version port issues aside, its a garbage game regardless.

Fricken horrible gameplay
Horrible story telling
Horrible character designs
Horrible voice acting
Lackluster OST

Its like I was playing Half-Life 1 Non-Source Edition again except in the form of Devil May Cry 2.

39 out of 100.
You're not playing it right.  You didn't install the nude mod.

BasilZero

You're not playing it right.  You didn't install the nude mod.
lol

I'd rather download one of those hentai games than play this again....even with a nude mod....

the-pi-guy

Lumberyard has made some improvements.

A bit easier to get through install, but there's still room for improvement.  They also have a speedtree for lumberyard specifically now.  

Still would like to see a store for sharing assets and stuff.  

RancherLara

Jun 05, 2017, 11:18 AM Last Edit: Jun 05, 2017, 01:52 PM by Legend
Off my computer. 

Can someone check to see how to fix this
"DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG"

I'm not able to access like any sites. 
That easy buddy just go  through the given steps and it would be just a piece of cake for you  !!! I found this solution here : AD REMOVED

Google Chrome

Clearing your DNS cache through Google Chrome is much easier in my opinion than through your computer.

To do so, open up Chrome, and type in chrome://net-internals/#DNS into the search bar and press Enter.On the left-hand side, a menu is shown. Select DNS. From the DNS page, there will be a button you will see that reads Clear Host Cache. Select it, and that is all you have to do. As you can see, it is a much simpler step than using your Mac computer.

However, the Mac method is still viable if you use different browsers and want to clear the whole computer. The Google Chrome method will just clear the DNS for Chrome, nothing else.

the-pi-guy

Jun 05, 2017, 12:09 PM Last Edit: Jun 05, 2017, 01:53 PM by Legend
That easy buddy just go  through the given steps and it would be just a piece of cake for you  !!! I found this solution here : AD REMOVED

Google Chrome

Clearing your DNS cache through Google Chrome is much easier in my opinion than through your computer.

To do so, open up Chrome, and type in chrome://net-internals/#DNS into the search bar and press Enter.On the left-hand side, a menu is shown. Select DNS. From the DNS page, there will be a button you will see that reads Clear Host Cache. Select it, and that is all you have to do. As you can see, it is a much simpler step than using your Mac computer.

However, the Mac method is still viable if you use different browsers and want to clear the whole computer. The Google Chrome method will just clear the DNS for Chrome, nothing else.

Well thanks!  But that post was a year and a half old. 

Go Up