Watch Dogs Sells 600k in Latin America, 336k in Brazil (Yeap we are tat BIG)

Started by ethomaz, Jun 29, 2014, 02:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

I think this news deserves a new thread because it shows how big Brazil is to the gaming market.

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/2014/06/28/watch-dogs-tem-mais-de-300-mil-copias-vendidas-no-brasil.htm

* 600k copies sold in Latin American
* 336k copies sold in Brazil
* 41% PS4 + Xbox One
* 10% PC
* R$120 million in revenue (~US$55 million)

BTW Watch Dogs is the first Ubisoft game manufactured in Brazil.

PS. I wonder how much VGC is off with WD sales lol

BananaKing

dang!! that is a lot!! latin america is certainly a big market now with Brazil being the biggest market.

Xevross

dang that's a lot. Would never have expected Brazil to buy so many games :o

BananaKing

dang that's a lot. Would never have expected Brazil to buy so many games :o

there are a lot of girls like ethomaz's girlfriend buying games for their boy friends :-P

Xevross

there are a lot of girls like ethomaz's girlfriend buying games for their boy friends :-P

PS4s can buy games? :o

BananaKing

PS4s can buy games? :o

no, just the PS3 can, because it only does everything.

ethomaz

Jun 29, 2014, 03:25 PM Last Edit: Jun 29, 2014, 03:29 PM by ethomaz
lol guys... I was reading in the train and started to laugh with people looking at me :D

To make a comparison... UK bought 500k copies of Watch Dog... it is not that behind and countries like Germany and France sold less than Brazil.

I remember some years ago an article claiming Brazil was the 4th biggest gaming country in revenue terms... that why MS put us in tier 1 countries.

Xevross

Imagine how big the market would be without pirating

ethomaz

Imagine how big the market would be without pirating

To be fair more and more gamers are buying original due better security (PS3/PS4/Xbox One case) and online multiplayer (360 case).

I think the last popular pirates console was 360... we are moving to another place right now ;)

PC of course continues the way of piracy... that is why it just accounted by 10%.

the-pi-guy

Why is this locked?   :o

Etho, if I accidentally locked it or something weird, send me a message and I'll fix it.  :)

ethomaz

Why is this locked?   :o

Etho, if I accidentally locked it or something weird, send me a message and I'll fix it.  :)

Maybe I locked in my mobile phone by mistake :D

the-pi-guy

Maybe I locked in my mobile phone by mistake :D

Ahh I see. :)

Dr. Pezus

To be fair more and more gamers are buying original due better security (PS3/PS4/Xbox One case) and online multiplayer (360 case).

I think the last popular pirates console was 360... we are moving to another place right now ;)

PC of course continues the way of piracy... that is why it just accounted by 10%.

Also because of digital ;-).