The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Dov Katz, head of computer vision at Oculus arrested for soliciting underage girl - NeoGAF

More at the link including arrest documents.http://gizmodo.com/senior-facebook-e...cit-1790502262
Dov Katz, the head of computer vision at Oculus VR, was arrested near Seattle on December 21 for allegedly soliciting naughtiness from an underage girl. According to charging records, Katz allegedly attempted to pay $350 to have unprotected naughtiness with someone he thought was a 15-year-old girl.
 Katz, 38, has been charged with attempted commercial sexual abuse of a minor. According to the charging documents, Katz wasn’t actually texting a 15-year-old girl, but an undercover agent from the Tukwila Police Department. Katz, an Israeli citizen living in America, has since been released on $125,000 bail according to the King County jail website.
 Facebook bought Oculus for $2 billion in 2014. According to a profile in The Times of Israel, Katz was “an an integral part of the team that developed the Oculus Rift headset.”

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Legend

Anyone been using their PSVR/GearVR/Oculus as of late?  
Only for dev stuff. It's a pain transferring it between systems. Got job simulator though.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Aura7541

darkknightkryta

I haven't tried VR yet, and it's too rich for my blood, but it's so cool!

the-pi-guy

Oculus Rift had a price cut to 500$.  
I don't think I mentioned it.

Legend

the-pi-guy

Offering the Rift with Touch controllers for $598 does many things at once: The Touch controllers are now closer to becoming standard issue, which means that the market will be less split moving forward. You can still buy just the Rift for $499 if you'd like, but we'd argue against it; the Rift becomes a complete platform with the Touch controllers. Without motion controls it feels more like a fancy display than true VR.

It won't be long until more players have the Touch controllers than those who don't, especially since the controllers themselves have also seen a $100 price drop; you can now pick up a set for $99 if you already own a Rift.
Oculus Rift $200 price cut is great news for mainstream VR, will put pressure on Vive - Polygon

Legend

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Go Up