Valve VR, the HTC RE Vive

Started by Legend, Mar 01, 2015, 07:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Seems like it could be good. I would never get this and PM though, unless they get cheaper

Dr. Pezus

Like I said, I highly doubt that Valve is still making AAA games themselves.
Hmm Dota 2?
They are supporting their games pretty amazingly, I'm pretty sure they haven't stopped making games ;-)

DerNebel

Mar 01, 2015, 11:23 PM Last Edit: Mar 02, 2015, 12:02 AM by DerNebel

Hmm Dota 2?
They are supporting their games pretty amazingly, I'm pretty sure they haven't stopped making games ;-)

Well if you want to be disappointed :P

They are out of the $60 AAA market, I'm almost certain of that, way too much effort for way too little return.
A Half Life 3 would be myriads more expensive and make way less money than Dota 2 does (not to mention the expectations would be way bigger), which apparently only has 28 people at Valve working on it, while being played by millions daily.

kitler53

flop, flop, flop.  flop, flopper ann.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Yes I know you were talking about OR, but OR support for actually significant games is pretty dang small as well (though OR has Facebook behind it, so that can help with that), the reality of the matter is just that the large majority of the industry is not ready to make a serious commitment to VR in 2015.

There are already 193+ games with OR support coming, and we're still months away from launch. 

kitler53

There are already 193+ games with OR support coming, and we're still months away from launch.

and i've never seen a sorrier looking list.   some of that shame is almost a decade old now and things like dying light and titanfall are a farse.  the rest of is indie/kickstarter games.   not a single title on that list can sell the hardware.  flop.

Legend

and i've never seen a sorrier looking list.   some of that shame is almost a decade old now and things like dying light and titanfall are a farse.  the rest of is indie/kickstarter games.   not a single title on that list can sell the hardware.  flop.

What about summer lessons?

That's a hardware seller right there.

Legend

But really, traditional games won't even be what sell vr to the mass market. Virtual tourism is the killer ap.

Mmm_fish_tacos

But really, traditional games won't even be what sell vr to the mass market. Virtual tourism is the killer ap.

VR bad stuff is the killer app. Being able to visit Mars is cool too.

the-pi-guy

VR bad stuff is the killer app. Being able to visit Mars is cool too.

*VR bad stuff announced*
*sold out everywhere for all of time*

BananaKing

i dont see this beating OR honestly. while i am excited and see it has a lot of potential, i think OR has taken a lot of mind share when it comes to the VR space. i guess with time we will see. a holiday 2015 release sounds amazing, but releasing too early can bit them in the dog if they dont have support for it.

i wonder, can sony release PM this holiday? i think sony has the biggest chance to succeed in the VR market place, at least initially. they certainly have the strongest first partys dev from everybody in VR and have the strongest relationships with indies, mid tier devs and third party publishers. i expect PM to have the strongest and most consistent support

Dr. Pezus

With almost everyone going VR I don't think so...

Dr. Pezus

True that

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/she-died-my-arms-orvar-fridriksson?trk=prof-post

Orvar Fridriksson lost his wife, Berglind Gudmundsdottir, to cancer October 17th, 2014. That same day she was featured on the DV weekend edition. One of the last things she said before she died was for him to chase his dreams. Orvar immediately founded Console Rymur production studios and his main focus is developing virtual reality tourism. This project has generated the interest of thousands of people from all over the globe and everything is on the right track.

kitler53

With almost everyone going VR I don't think so...

how's that 3D working out for you?

Mmm_fish_tacos

how's that 3D working out for you?

Two different things.

Go Up