open air pc cases.

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Feb 10, 2015, 05:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mmm_fish_tacos

darkknightkryta

Not sure what to think of them to tell you the truth.  I actually secretly wish Intel and Nvidia/AMD slow things down enough to make small PC builds standard.  Like, the PS4 crammed into a PS TV case.

Xevross

I think they would look cool in a techy room but wouldn't look good at all in an office

Mmm_fish_tacos

I think they would look cool in a techy room but wouldn't look good at all in an office

Good thing I have a room dedicated to this stuff. :)

Legend

I'd be worried about dust.

Mmm_fish_tacos

That what a friend at work said, but I don't feel it would be any worst than a box plus it's right there,  air dust it weekly or monthly ( my apartment is pretty low on dust). It might end up being cleaner that a normal machine. Now if you had cats and dogs I would say no to this style case.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I really like the first but I'm not sure what make its a 1200 dollar case.

the-pi-guy

Not sure what to think of them to tell you the truth.  I actually secretly wish Intel and Nvidia/AMD slow things down enough to make small PC builds standard.  Like, the PS4 crammed into a PS TV case.

Good news is that you can still find small PCs.  Very small. 

the-pi-guy

I'm still worried about dust, to be honest. 

darkknightkryta

Good news is that you can still find small PCs.  Very small. 

Yeah, I can buy a USB sized PC right now.  I want something as powerful as a PS4 though :/

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

http://www.amazon.com/Zotac-ZBOX-EN760-U-Intel-Barebone-System/dp/B00KX8OX2K

There's no GPU in there are powerful as what's in the PS4.  Hence "  Like, the PS4 crammed into a PS TV case"

the-pi-guy

There's no GPU in there are powerful as what's in the PS4.  Hence "  Like, the PS4 crammed into a PS TV case"

It has the 860M.  Which is pretty close actually. 
I'd expect the next Zotac box to beat the PS4. 

darkknightkryta

It has the 860M.  Which is pretty close actually. 
I'd expect the next Zotac box to beat the PS4. 

Thought it was the intel boxes with the intel HD in there.  I didn't see the gpu in the specs.