PS4 Exclusive Deep Down: Something Big Coming This Year

Started by Raven, Feb 10, 2015, 02:02 AM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

I keep on hearing bad for the Panta Rhei engine.  Apparently Capcom had gotten in over their heads.  Considering how well the MT Framework worked, this is disheartening.

Raven

I keep on hearing bad for the Panta Rhei engine.  Apparently Capcom had gotten in over their heads.  Considering how well the MT Framework worked, this is disheartening.

What's going wrong with it?

Dr. Pezus

Announced ~3 years ago, right? Probably in development for ~4 years. This is never coming out

Raven

Announced ~3 years ago, right? Probably in development for ~4 years. This is never coming out

Deep Down? It was announced at the PlayStation 4 reveal event, right? That would be two years ago.

darkknightkryta

What's going wrong with it?

The hearsay I've been reading up on suggests they're way behind development.  Kinda like what happened with the Luminous Engine.

Shinobi-san

The hearsay I've been reading up on suggests they're way behind development.  Kinda like what happened with the Luminous Engine.

They should do what SE did and go with a 3rd party engine like Unreal or Cryengine. It saves them so much time.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

darkknightkryta

They should do what SE did and go with a 3rd party engine like Unreal or Cryengine. It saves them so much time.

Depends.  There's a reason the larger publishers have shifted to their own engines.  It's just mind boggling that Capcom could screw up after having such a great engine.  Square Enix is just incompetent.

Legend

Didn't it already release in Japan?

the-pi-guy

Didn't it already release in Japan?

Deep Down?  No. 
Other games?  No. 

Legend

Deep Down?  No. 
Other games?  No. 

I remember from last year I guess when Deep Down's Japanese launch was a month away and yet no word on a western release. Guess they delayed it haha.