What is Sony's worst 1st party studio?

Started by Legend, Feb 09, 2015, 05:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

i smite you for badmouthing the studio that brought into this world demon's souls and shadow of the colossus and bloodborne and echochrome and gravity rush and soul sacrifice and freedom wars and puppeteer and rain and patapon and the tomorrow children.

you may smite me back on the reasoning they also brought into this world knack.

I like Knack so I'll smite myself.

Raven

London Studio. As far as I can remember they didn't do a single core title all last gen. Nothing but a bunch of SingStar titles and spin offs that died off in popularity, some one off projects that never went anywhere, and PlayStation Home which felt like it never left alpha. Basically, London Studio was next to useless. In fact, I don't think they've ever contributed any breakout franchises. Looking back over the studio's history there is virtually nothing of note except the original SingStar and the most recent one for PS4 bombed. They may be doing VR titles right now but if their previous work is any indication I would expect it to suck.

Rorono

Well they did The Getaway, and i liked it. First one anyway, never played Black Monday.
But yes..they're kinda useless. I have doubts their VR work will have any interest to us, probably more casual Singstar-level stuff. Let's hope at least it sells and makes some money.

the-pi-guy

London Studio is pretty big too.  300+. 
They should make core games. 

Raven

Well they did The Getaway, and i liked it. First one anyway, never played Black Monday.
But yes..they're kinda useless. I have doubts their VR work will have any interest to us, probably more casual Singstar-level stuff. Let's hope at least it sells and makes some money.

The Getaway was mediocre and Black Monday was garbage. Dropship wasn't bad but they never went anywhere with it after the first one.

Legend

London Studio is pretty big too.  300+. 
They should make core games. 

They do a lot of things besides making games. I think lots of general PS4 development goes on in there too.

the-pi-guy

They do a lot of things besides making games. I think lots of general PS4 development goes on in there too.

Quite true.  Yeah, they do.  :D

Rorono

Yeah. It even says so on wikipedia

"The development group includes the R&D group responsible for EyeToy, and various other research and development groups dedicated to the production of PlayStation games and development tools across all of SCE's gaming platforms"

Though i still wonder if +300 is really necessary...

As for Japan Studio, maybe it'd be a good idea to ditch the old structure of Teams and actually separate into actual studios. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of redundancies and mismanagement due to its proportion

So. Divide Japan studio into 2-3 studios. Streamline London Studio. and...Buy RAD!

Raven

Well are we talking about the studios as far as being useful for the games they bring or are we patting them on the back for doing things other than that?

Legend

Well are we talking about the studios as far as being useful for the games they bring or are we patting them on the back for doing things other than that?

Nah we only care about games.

#ShutDownICE

Raven

Nah we only care about games.

#ShutDownICE

I'm just asking because I think we may need to clarify if that is the case. Because if so then I wouldn't say London Studio is the worst based on their R&D and I think some people would agree.

Go Up