EDT: Patch works! 343i Cancels Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta for Upcoming Patch

Started by Legend, Feb 02, 2015, 08:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

darkknightkryta

Max King of the Wild

Made by an unproven studio. Sure that will go over well. Plus gears was never as good as the xbocks fans made it out to be. Its a so so game.
Gears (speaking only of the first game I played) is a sour apple of a game. The controls were clunky, story was... Pure shame, the graphics artistic style was garbage and multiplayer was a glitch fest. Anytime my friend would get mad at the other team he would glitch out of the map and let time run out. Sprinting chain chainsaw was weak sauce. This was the game my friend tried to sell me on 360 but it actually put me off and I went with ps3. I honestly not sure how the franchise took off. Only thing it had going for it was graphics and gore

Max King of the Wild

On topic, what beta got canned and why is this an issue? I've never paid any attention to Halo news.

darkknightkryta

Gears (speaking only of the first game I played) is a sour apple of a game. The controls were clunky, story was... Pure shame, the graphics artistic style was garbage and multiplayer was a glitch fest. Anytime my friend would get mad at the other team he would glitch out of the map and let time run out. Sprinting chain chainsaw was weak sauce. This was the game my friend tried to sell me on 360 but it actually put me off and I went with ps3. I honestly not sure how the franchise took off. Only thing it had going for it was graphics and gore

The bold about sums it up.  Though, coop was pretty good.

Max King of the Wild

The bold about sums it up.  Though, coop was pretty good.
so the same thing The Order, which at least seems to have a better story, gets shame on for lol. Even though the graphics were technologically impressive, I stillhated them. The blocky roided testosterone driven character design was "ugh" at best. NO fudgy soldier would wear that garbage which restricts movement. It also had a phenomenal ad campaign. I still remember the mad world commercial. Probably what really got it to take off honestly.

Dr. Pezus

On topic, what beta got canned and why is this an issue? I've never paid any attention to Halo news.
"It's also apparently rethinking its previous comments regarding beta testing for all future content updates, as this now may not happen."

Legend

Halo mcc has been broken since launch. Last week they announced future updates would be beta tested since nothing seems to be working in multiplayer. That got a fair amount of backlash since games usually do beta testing before launch, so 343 cancelled it and are testing the patches internally.

ethomaz

Dr. Pezus

It is really that bad but you know some guys will say it is "playable".
Still a better multi than Driveclub

#thosewerethedays

Max King of the Wild

Halo mcc has been broken since launch. Last week they announced future updates would be beta tested since nothing seems to be working in multiplayer. That got a fair amount of backlash since games usually do beta testing before launch, so 343 cancelled it and are testing the patches internally.
....that situation makes no sense

BasilZero

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

Wait Halo MCC MP doesn't work?

Some VGC guys play everyday without any issue but everybody else needs sometimes 30 minutes to get into matchmaking... if you play online you are a lucky guy ;)

Raven

Some VGC guys play everyday without any issue but everybody else needs sometimes 30 minutes to get into matchmaking... if you play online you are a lucky guy ;)

Yeah it's the typical "even if Microsoft themselves announce that XBL is offline I'm going to swear to everyone that I'm online and playing against 1,000 other people at this very moment" routine.

Go Up