MCV: Xbox One sells 1 million units in the UK; Out-selling PS4 for 3 weeks in a row

Started by Legend, Nov 20, 2014, 05:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Xevross

UK is buying consoles like mad right now! Outselling PS4 on SO week, COD/AC U week and Halo week is hardly surprising but a great achievement nonetheless

kitler53

ps4 is back on top on amazon already (at least us).   price cut.  new color.  release SO.  release halo.  CoD and AC bundles.  if all xbox can muster is a few weeks of "wins" that's a pretty epic fail.  there is literally no where else to go unless ms is really willing to start losing billions a year on xbox.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

ethomaz

Seems like PS4 is close to 1.5m... great for both.

Rorono

The difference should be a drop in the ocean though. Last time XB1 won it was by less than 1k if i recall correctly.
Though it's amusing that MCV comes out like this, do they ever let us know how many weeks in a row PS4 wins? Or because it's such a typical ocurrance it's not worth reporting?

Legend

ps4 is back on top on amazon already (at least us).   price cut.  new color.  release SO.  release halo.  CoD and AC bundles.  if all xbox can muster is a few weeks of "wins" that's a pretty epic fail.  there is literally no where else to go unless ms is really willing to start losing billions a year on xbox.

Yeah I think that's the major problem with xbo. The system only has two markets it's competetive in, and in those markets it still takes tons of money and work to win a few weeks. Ignoring the positive pr/momentum that can be generated from a few wins, it just makes their post holiday season even worse. 2014 looks like a desert for the system up until the hollidays. Going off memory we'll have Fable in early summer (game might be fun, but it looks horrible/cheap), Quantum Break in late summer (looks great and tv aspect will get it increased awarness), screamride or whatever it's called after that (good filler, zero system selling power though), halo 5 in Sep (huge, like really huge), Forza 6 in Sep(little selling power since forza 5 already released), and lastly tomb raider in Dec (their second/third biggest exclusive of the year, and yet everyone expects a ps4 port a few months later. Poor system selling potential).

It's a poor year excluding Halo for the owners, and it's a horrible year verse the PS4.

Sony has order in Feb (think it'll be a meh game, but the graphics king title gives it some nice selling power), bloodborne in March (huge system seller, huge), tearaway unfolded in summer (good filler plus super high metacritic will make good fanboy fuel in console warz), that horror game in Oct (looks like good filler and has some selling power), Uncharted 5 in Nov(huge, huge!), gt7 maybe Dec (pretty big), plus all the smaller titles that don't really matter.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

No Man's Sky??

Yeah that's one of those smaller titles that doesn't really matter individually.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah that's one of those smaller titles that doesn't really matter individually.
Hah! We'll see about that.

darkknightkryta

I don't believe that, considering that didn't happen even in the U.S. :O

Dr. Pezus

Yeah it did. 2 weeks in a row before MS' announcement and probably one more after it (MCC launch)

Legend

This is mcc not Microsoft.

Also uk likes xbo even more than us compared to ps4.

Xevross

This is mcc not Microsoft.

Also uk likes xbo even more than us compared to ps4.

Not true

Legend

Xevross

Yes?

PS4:XB1 ratio is bigger in the UK. Xb1 won't do as well as US in the next month or so here either, without the price drops