Sony's latest flagship is coming to Verizon as the Xperia Z3v

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Oct 16, 2014, 10:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Share on Facebook (392)  Tweet (473)  Share  Share (8)  Pin    
Sony is bringing its incredibly well-received Xperia Z3 to Verizon in the form of the Z3v, a subtly altered variant that adds wireless charging. The Z3v is by and large the same phone, with a 5.2-inch display, a Snapdragon 801 processor, a waterproof body, and the ability to stream PlayStation 4 games within your home. It's still running Sony's modestly skinned version of Android.

QI WIRELESS CHARGING IS THE MAJOR ADDITION HERE

The phone's design is slightly different from the Z3, trading its rounded, metal sides for a soft plastic that's accented by a strip of aluminum down the center. In fact, it's basically the Xperia Z2 repackaged with the guts of the Z3. This model still feels sturdy and looks stylish, even if it's not the finest-looking version of the Z3 out there.

The Z3v's battery is also slightly larger, at 3200mAh, and it's still said to last over a day -- we found that the Z3 could even last well beyond that, and there's no reason to suspect that that's changed here. The really major addition to Verizon's model of the Z3 is Qi wireless charging, and that'll make keeping these phones going even easier.

The Xperia Z3v will be available on Verizon for $199.99 beginning October 23rd. It's only being offered in black and white, so Verizon's customers unfortunately won't be treated to the multitude of stylish colors that the standard Z3 is available in. Verizon will also begin offering Sony's SmartWatch 3 later this month. Sony doesn't have anything to say right now about whether a variant of the Z3 Compact will show up on Verizon too -- which is too bad, as its smaller size makes it a perfect iPhone 6 competitor.

Mmm_fish_tacos

All i can say is, it's about dang time they are branching out on other carriers as being exclusive to T mobile is suicide. Now maybe they can start making some money of their awesome phone line now.

Max King of the Wild

All i can say is, it's about dang time they are branching out on other carriers as being exclusive to T mobile is suicide. Now maybe they can start making some money of their awesome phone line now.
I got the Xperia Z just recently (lol got it unlocked for 300 bucks. The Xperia 2 took too long and was going to be more than double it). It's a solid phone, I've dropped it more than a few times and only chipped corners. However there are some features missing that are mind boggling (maybe the newer versions have it). Anyway, with this announcement I may look into upgrading sooner than expected (maybe early next year).

darkknightkryta

I want the z3 compact.  That teal version is just too sexy.

7H3

I might be getting the z3 later this month! :o)
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend