PS Vita + Borderlands 2 impressions

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 15, 2014, 03:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Visually:  I'm stunned.   Visually, Borderlands 2 doesn't look as good as most console titles, but it looks good enough that it'd be at home on console (on the middle to lower tier.)  But still it's stunning, and in some ways looks better than lots of console games because of the screen. 

Controls:  Need some work.  Overall it's pretty solid, but the sticks need some improvement. 
PSOne classics offer a lot of options for customization for controls.  It honestly makes it the best place to play PSOne games. 
PSP games feel very much at home on the Vita. 

OS:  is amazing.  Bubbles are nice,but the biggest thing is how fast and easy it is to switch between apps/games. 

Battery life: Can't comment too much on it, I've mostly been in an environment where it's easy to charge.  But the battery life has been acceptable. 

Memory cards are very much overpriced.  Would love something huge! 

PS4 remote play: Dunno, don't have a PS4. 
PS3 remote play: has always been poor, and even with the Vita's best intentions barely offers any features or usability.  Pretty much everything, (everything?) that can be done natively on the Vita can be remote played, and not much else, and even a little less.  Netflix for example cannot be remote played.  I don't know why you'd want to do that, but you can't regardless!!

Value:  I love the Vita, but at the moment I am still worried that I shouldn't have bought it.  I'm still hoping that it'll be worth the investment to me.  It was one of my biggest investments ever (though still small compared to other things) and I'm not sure how much enjoyment I'll get out of it long term.

BasilZero

Please tell me how the battery life is when you place it in sleep mode.

I've did some "tests" to see how the battery life was for the NDS, PSP and the 3DS while in Sleep mode.

NDS Lite lasted for about a week or so before the battery was low.
PSP lasted for a whole month before the battery was low.
3DS XL lasted......approximately 18 hours >_>.

I hope the Vita has a bettery sleep mode battery saving time :(. I'm not sure if its because the hardware is more powerful than its predecessor but this gives me more reason to believe that Nintedo sucks at making hardware.

Legend

I've did some "tests" to see how the battery life was for the NDS, PSP and the 3DS while in Sleep mode.

NDS Lite lasted for about a week or so before the battery was low.
PSP lasted for a whole month before the battery was low.
3DS XL lasted......approximately 18 hours >_>.

I hope the Vita has a bettery sleep mode battery saving time :(. I'm not sure if its because the hardware is more powerful than its predecessor but this gives me more reason to believe that Nintedo sucks at making hardware.

Sleep mode used to last forever, but then they added a bunch of things that happen during sleep mode. With those turned on it lasts like a week.

BasilZero

Sleep mode used to last forever, but then they added a bunch of things that happen during sleep mode. With those turned on it lasts like a week.

Awws :(

I guess that would explain why the 3DS battery goes dead within a day lol.

Dayum sons. At least the Vita lasts an entire week XD.

darkknightkryta

Oct 15, 2014, 12:50 PM Last Edit: Oct 15, 2014, 12:51 PM by darkknightkryta

Really?  I haven't updated my 3DS since a few months after I got it and its standby time has always been trash.  What needs to be off?  That fancy walkingmajiggy?

But yeah, the Vita is hands down the best handheld I have the pleasure of using.  It's snappy, can browse and play which is useful.  Tons of games both new and old to play with.  It's a shame people think the device sucks (Then go on to praise the 3DS with all of its rehashes...) cause it was honestly a revolution for a handheld device.

Legend

Lol I should have clarified, my post was about Vita.

the-pi-guy

I've let it sit for about 5 days I believe, and the battery hasn't dropped much at all.  Been sitting at about 50% the whole time. 

Dr. Pezus

It's weird, my sleep mode has been getting worse.

NeverDies

What's you guys' impression of needing to kill people all the time to keep oxygen? It was actually one of the reasons I decided to not buy the game.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Dr. Pezus

In Borderlands??

NeverDies

In Borderlands??

<--- Is dumb.

Thought you guys were talking about the new Borderlands, lol.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

the-pi-guy

What's you guys' impression of needing to kill people all the time to keep oxygen? It was actually one of the reasons I decided to not buy the game.

I have no idea what you mean?

the-pi-guy

Oct 20, 2014, 07:07 PM Last Edit: Oct 20, 2014, 07:10 PM by the-pi-guy

Thought you guys were talking about the new Borderlands, lol.

"oxygen supplies can be replenished using generators, vents, and through oxygen tank items dropped by enemies."
Ahhh, I gotcha. 

Legend

Silly head.