VizionEck

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, May 31, 2015, 07:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Yeah I did a very simple coding project and it took me hours just to figure out how to use some equations and plot some graphs. Sometimes I spent hours trying to work out why one thing wasn't working.

I know its nowhere similar but I have a sense of the pain of development now.
Oh it's incredibly similar haha.

I have little formal training so I spend far more time using the "guess and check" method than I should. It's the main reason why network coding sucks so much for me. Normally I can modify a build and try it out within seconds but setting up a PSN network build takes around 5 minutes. I even have to physically swap ethernet cords every time.

It sucks so much, but then I hear stories about Destiny...

"Let's say a designer wants to go in and move a resource node two inches," said one person familiar with the engine. "They go into the editor. First they have to load their map overnight. It takes eight hours to input their map overnight. They get [into the office] in the morning. If their importer didn't fail, they open the map. It takes about 20 minutes to open. They go in and they move that node two feet. And then they'd do a 15-20 minute compile. Just to do a half-second change."
Kotaku