Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Apr 24, 2023, 04:43 PM Last Edit: Apr 24, 2023, 04:45 PM by kitler53
Wait, this thread can be about food!?

Never thought about making homemade fig newtons before.
i made it didn't i?

don't know what fish intended by this thread.   ...and i cook a lot and wouldn't normally post about it but i was particularly happy with how this one turned out and i figured this thread made more sense than starting a new one.   unless you want to make a dedicated cooking thread.   i suppose i could post in that quite often as i take on a new something or other every month or two.   

but yeah, posted the fig newtons because i figured it was a pretty uncommon thing to even try.   ...and the recipe was top notch.   it was strange,.. the final product is very cake like but the dough is very much like cookie dough.   there is a mandatory step to put the cookies directly into a air tight container after the oven to "rehydrate" the cookie or else it is really dry and gross.   overall not particularly hard but one of my quirkiest recipes i've made.

i did overfill though.  the final cookies were like twice the size of store bought.   i think i'd try to shrink that down if i do it again.

Yes, your projects can be anything you want them to be.
directly from fish himself,.. cooking projects are allowed!!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

All but done redoing my parents' patio. Most of the bricks could be reused but they wanted to expand the patio so they bought 1,000 new bricks.

kitler53

i had another "work weekend" to work on the house.   4 days without kids/wife around to distract me.   I didn't take any pics but:

1. I retrimmed the entire downstairs. 
  - It don't know that it had to be done but it was a personal annoyance that there was 4 styles of trim.  not just different rooms either.  they touched.
2. i stripped the paint off my stairs and replaced the decorative trim.  
  - was just old and painted too many times.  looked bad.
3. painted the living room and family room
  - 14' ceilings in the family room were a challenge.
4. painted the ceilings in living room, dining room, and kitchen.

plus a handful of little things like i cleaned the ceiling fan in the family room since i borrowed an extra tall ladder to do the painting.  holy crud that was gross.

overall i'm freaking exhausted.  i attempted too much for 4 days.  but my house looks nice overall.  only problem was i intended to (and didn't start) to paint the trim.  so now i have to do that on nights/weekends because my wife will kill me if i leave that for next year's work weekend.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

Turns out my component converters didn't work cause I didn't connect the audio jacks.  Said audio jacks were connecting the ground for the video jacks.   
:D ... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Go Up