General Politics Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 08, 2017, 12:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Just watched a bit of the Kavanaugh hearing and my blood is already boiling. Is there a single republican in existence who isn't a complete and utter disgrace? How on Earth do half of Americans support these people?

the-pi-guy

Just watched a bit of the Kavanaugh hearing and my blood is already boiling. Is there a single republican in existence who isn't a complete and utter disgrace? How on Earth do half of Americans support these people?
There are a few Republican governor's who are calling for a delay in the vote, so that Kavanaugh can be investigated.  
Even some faux news were convinced.

Fox News's Chris Wallace on Kavanaugh hearing: "a disaster for the Republicans" - Vox

Xevross

There are a few Republican governor's who are calling for a delay in the vote, so that Kavanaugh can be investigated.  
Even some faux news were convinced.

Fox News's Chris Wallace on Kavanaugh hearing: "a disaster for the Republicans" - Vox
Colour me surprised. The Republicans in this hearing are a joke but it doesn't help that the Dems are mostly being really incompetent. I guess the republicans keep winning because even though a lot of them are despicable, a lot of the dems are just useless at fighting back.

the-pi-guy

Colour me surprised. The Republicans in this hearing are a joke but it doesn't help that the Dems are mostly being really incompetent. I guess the republicans keep winning because even though a lot of them are despicable, a lot of the dems are just useless at fighting back.
Dems don't like to lie and play tricks, as much. They keep trying to compromise and reach a middle ground.

But Republicans don't want to compromise.

Xevross

Dems don't like to lie and play tricks, as much. They keep trying to compromise and reach a middle ground.

But Republicans don't want to compromise.

Exactly, they try to be honest and conduct themselves well. Which is fair enough, except for the fact they're competing against loud angry monkeys who somehow appeal to half of the electorate. They need to coordinate together and fight republicans more.

the-pi-guy

Bible: give to the poor.

Conservative American Christians: the poor didnt work for it.  Give to the rich.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Warren released DNA results showing she is native American.

Requested that Trump donated the million that he said he would.  

Trump said he'd never do that, even though there is video of him saying it.

Xevross

Warren released DNA results showing she is native American.

Requested that Trump donated the million that he said he would.  

Trump said he'd never do that, even though there is video of him saying it.
Yeah but she's got less of a native American heritage than the average American-European descendant apparently. The whole thing is weird, and she's made herself look foolish more than anything.

the-pi-guy

Yeah but she's got less of a native American heritage than the average American-European descendant apparently. The whole thing is weird, and she's made herself look foolish more than anything.
Yeah, she has.  

But, still, amazing that Trump lies about stuff literally on footage.  

the-pi-guy

Xevross

I'm getting nervous for you America.

The increase in early voting is pretty massive over the last midterms, especially in Tennessee. That Taylor Swift effect  :o

the-pi-guy

I'm getting nervous for you America.

The increase in early voting is pretty massive over the last midterms, especially in Tennessee. That Taylor Swift effect  :o
Yeah.  
Usually older people are reliable voters, and they tend to vote Republican.  

If voting is up, it's more than likely because younger, more liberal voters are actually voting.

Xevross

Yeah.  
Usually older people are reliable voters, and they tend to vote Republican.  

If voting is up, it's more than likely because younger, more liberal voters are actually voting.
One can only hope. I'll probably stay up and watch the results, I go to sleep at 3-4am nowadays anyway.

More people voting is always a good thing, no matter the result.

the-pi-guy

One can only hope. I'll probably stay up and watch the results, I go to sleep at 3-4am nowadays anyway.

More people voting is always a good thing, no matter the result.
Think I saw in Texas, there was a 500% increase in early voting among young voters.  

Go Up