PS4 hits 30.2 million sales WW.

Started by DD_Bwest, Nov 25, 2015, 06:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Wouldn't it have been at 15m in September?
Why??

Rorono

Mmm_fish_tacos

It seems Microsoftso plan to confuse has worked.

Legend

Why??

I guess I must have been remembering the sold in number, not the sold through number.

the-pi-guy

When I was looking last.I took the first like 2 quarters I think.  Think it was 25 for total, then 5 million from the first 2 quarters were Xbox 360 and at the time it was still selling 40-45% of Xbox total shipments.  So I'd say 15m, 17m max.  

Rorono

Mmm_fish_tacos

That guy could't have been more wrong.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Your predictions for The Big Three at the end of The Next Generation.

Nintendo: Strong first place, double the other two in sales. I think Wii U is going to be the lead platform for multiplat games much like the PS2 was for games in it's generation. I think Nintendo will have a minimum of 10 million units on the market by a year from it's release and I think Nintendo is going to build a very strong relationship with indie developers and build their E-Shop. I think we're currently seeing at least some movement from developers in Nintendo's direction and some movement can lead to more movement if those result in more sales.Microsoft: I think Microsoft is going to have another solid generation and move into a clear second place. I think they helped themselves a lot this generation building on the last one and there is little indication that will not continue. I see MS as kind of a bridge between Nintendo and Sony's philosophies with the strengths and weaknesses of each. I think MS is going to benefit from their Xbox Live user base and building a strong community of core gamers that is willing and able to pay for the service. I also think they're going to benefit from their Kinect audience they've been building but I think the true test is how well they synthesize these audiences and show a value proposition to cause more overlap between the two. I think that Japan will still be a struggle as well, but Europe is going to move a bit closer to MS's direction compared to Sony.Sony: it's going to be a struggle. I look at the position Sony is in this generation compared to last gen and I have a lot of issues with them. It doesn't seem like they're 6 years removed from being a completely dominant force in the industry about to launch a highly anticipated followup to the most successful console of all time. It feels more like 20. Everything has been changed from Sony's position. They don't have the same instant cache they have by just being Sony. They aren't going to have developers just jumping on with early exclusives, why should they when there is no guarantee the userbase will be there? I think that instead you're going to see more exclusives go to MS and to Nintendo rather than to Sony.  I think that Sony still doesn't truly accept the idea that they need to regain and rebuild trust. Its not about humbling Sony, its about Sony understanding the position they're in and reverting to what works and making a developer friendly environment at a price consumers are willing to buy into early to build that userbase up as quickly as possible. Its about having that killer game at launch or as early as possible that will FORCE consumers to jump on board... and I don't know that Sony gets that. I don't think they succeeded with doing that with the Vita and I think that is a serious problem.

BasilZero

Riderz1337

Nov 26, 2015, 04:33 AM Last Edit: Nov 26, 2015, 04:35 AM by Riderz1337
BEAST

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Your predictions for The Big Three at the end of The Next Generation.

Originally Posted by Dr Eggman

Sony will be vaporized, that's all I know.

I agree with this.
 The PS4 will do worse than the VITA, they have lost to much brand recognition, exclusives and they have IPs noone gives a shame about besides nerds on the internet. Coupled with no backwards compatibility (due to the abandonment of the Cell), Sony is destined  for last place again. Failing all that, the PS4 will be $499-$549 and we will get a repeat of the PS3 but this time it will be much worse.

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

the-pi-guy

BEAST

I agree with this.
 The PS4 will do worse than the VITA, they have lost to much brand recognition, exclusives and they have IPs noone gives a shame about besides nerds on the internet. Coupled with no backwards compatibility (due to the abandonment of the Cell), Sony is destined  for last place again. Failing all that, the PS4 will be $499-$549 and we will get a repeat of the PS3 but this time it will be much worse.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, yep, nope, nope.  
That's like 1/7.  Could be worse...  

BananaKing

I'm wondering if Sony made a mistake with the price drop to 350.  Maybe next fall a hard price drop to 300 might have lit up sales more intensely.  Seems like the 50 price cut didn't do much other than lose money.
not really. the Starwars bundle for 350$ will light up the charts. we havent gotten numbers for that yet, and the 400$ LE will also do massive numbers now. its real effect will be Nov and Dec.

darkknightkryta

going into next fall still at 400 is a sure fire way to see ps4 sales die out.  $400 is just too much for some people to ever afford.  if you want more sales the price has to come down or it will just stop selling.  
Price cut at Fall.  

ethomaz

Mmm_fish_tacos

Max King of the Wild

Lol, the denial. Where? Globally. End discussion

Go Up