Battlefront Review Thread: 72 OC (72 reviews) 72 MC (50 reviews)

Started by Legend, Nov 17, 2015, 06:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Ugh

Playing blast mode. Doing well, team comfortably ahead all match until we hit the 80 points and they start catching up. Suddenly it's 94-94 and then 97-97 but wait, it's now 99-97! One kill left for us, but 3 team mates are killed in quick succession and it ends 99-100...

The screen says Draw but then when they show the results it says we lost. Goddam

Xevross

Ugh

Playing blast mode. Doing well, team comfortably ahead all match until we hit the 80 points and they start catching up. Suddenly it's 94-94 and then 97-97 but wait, it's now 99-97! One kill left for us, but 3 team mates are killed in quick succession and it ends 99-100...

The screen says Draw but then when they show the results it says we lost. Goddam
Reading this was an intense roller coaster ride

the-pi-guy

Xevross

I still puked at the end.  
Yeah, he should have put a load of benches and a health clinic at the exit

Xevross

The gunplay is starting to really annoy me. I love everything else about the game but I can't ignore that the gunplay is utterly atrocious.

Dr. Pezus

The gunplay is starting to really annoy me. I love everything else about the game but I can't ignore that the gunplay is utterly atrocious.
how so?

Xevross

how so?
Every gun is really inaccurate and the lasers you fire are so slow. Having to aim ahead of someone when they're moving is so stupid. I often get annoyed because I'm clearly shooting at people but they're not taking any damage.  I've just never experienced anything like this in a shooter before.

DD_Bwest

Every gun is really inaccurate and the lasers you fire are so slow. Having to aim ahead of someone when they're moving is so stupid. I often get annoyed because I'm clearly shooting at people but they're not taking any damage.  I've just never experienced anything like this in a shooter before.
yup,  the laser speed is atrociously slow,  its driven me mad at times.   it makes it incredibly easy for 2 people to kill each other in a gun duel.  and you have to heavily lead into every target.  ive been getting better at it, but its still pretty rough at times.  also until you get the targeting rifle, they are brutally inaccurate at any significant range.

there is also an input delay on the pulse rifle( i think thats the name of the card,  its the sniper rifle card).   atleast on my end it doesnt end up firing until a good while after i hit the trigger.    the homing shot also needs to have a free fire mode that just launches it straight.

Xevross

yup,  the laser speed is atrociously slow,  its driven me mad at times.   it makes it incredibly easy for 2 people to kill each other in a gun duel.  and you have to heavily lead into every target.  ive been getting better at it, but its still pretty rough at times.  also until you get the targeting rifle, they are brutally inaccurate at any significant range.

there is also an input delay on the pulse rifle( i think thats the name of the card,  its the sniper rifle card).   atleast on my end it doesnt end up firing until a good while after i hit the trigger.    the homing shot also needs to have a free fire mode that just launches it straight.
Trying to shoot someone at range is really annoying. I tried using the targeting rifle but I find it almost impossible to hit moving targets with it. I have no problem at short range, so I like playing on the smaller maps with the 5 round burst pistol because that's more fun to use. The issue with that is the best game modes use the big maps.

I must say I really don't agree with the reviews on lack of content though, I think its an excellent amount of content for a multiplayer shooter

DD_Bwest

Trying to shoot someone at range is really annoying. I tried using the targeting rifle but I find it almost impossible to hit moving targets with it. I have no problem at short range, so I like playing on the smaller maps with the 5 round burst pistol because that's more fun to use. The issue with that is the best game modes use the big maps.

I must say I really don't agree with the reviews on lack of content though, I think its an excellent amount of content for a multiplayer shooter
i think that without any significant SP content, many expected there to be much more maps for mp.   4 walker assualt maps,  there shoulda been 6 atleast.  But then again thats what dlc is for..  fudge dlc :(

the-pi-guy

i think that without any significant SP content, many expected there to be much more maps for mp.   4 walker assualt maps,  there shoulda been 6 atleast.  But then again thats what dlc is for..  fudge bad* dlc :(
Fixed that for you.  

*bad=poor in quality, content or motive*.
*motive=Reasoning behind the release of said content.

Dr. Pezus

DD_Bwest

it's star wars. there be lasers
they still should be faster then what they are lol right now they are pretty slow

Xevross

it's star wars. there be lasers
Arrows fired from bows travel faster than these lasers though!

BananaKing

they still should be faster then what they are lol right now they are pretty slow
are they slower than in the beta?

Go Up