Vita
Wii U
Go Down

Xevross

PS4 152k
XB1 139k
WiiU 41k

Software:

1.) The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2.) Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
3.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
4.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
5.) Splatoon (Wii U)
6.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
7.) NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
8.) FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii , 3DS, Vita)
9.) MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
10.) Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)

Xevross

I'm gonna go for ...

XB1 165k
PS4 160k
WiiU 48k
3DS 110k
Vita RIP

Dr. Pezus

Interesting. I think PS4 ended up slightly ahead due to Witcher boost (ironically)

Xevross

Interesting. I think PS4 ended up slightly ahead due to Witcher boost (ironically)
Yeah PS4 could definitely snatch it but it will be close

Cute Pikachu

1. Witcher 3
2. Splatoon
3. Mortal Kombat 10
4. Battlefield Hardline
5. GTAV
6.COD
7. SSB
8. Minecraft
9. Project Cars
10. Madden
65k wii u
176k ps4
160k xbo
123k 3ds
vita: rip
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Amazon raw=
219 ps4

175 xbo

My gut says 190 PS4, 180 XBO

Aura7541

I forgot my prediction on the GAF NPD prediction thread, but I had the PS4 and XBO within 5K of each other. I think it was this:

PS4 - 175K
XBO - 170K

Reasons why I think PS4 will edge out: Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD and The Witcher III selling better on the PS4, especially in context of what happened in the UK.

Xevross

Amazon raw=
219 ps4

175 xbo

My gut says 190 PS4, 180 XBO
Does that include both Xbox bundles in the top 100?

Legend

Does that include both Xbox bundles in the top 100?
Yes both bundles but I correlated it with last month's data.

Month on month things have moved in PS4's favor.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Aura7541

Will Amazon be wrong for the first time?
Considering how close the XBO and PS4 were in April, it's possible. What allowed the XBO to barely beat the PS4, though, was Gamestop's last-gen to current-gen trade-in deal. I'm not sure if it continued into May and the PS4 had a few deals on Gamestop during the last week.

Xevross

Yes both bundles but I correlated it with last month's data.

Month on month things have moved in PS4's favor.
Interesting, I have learned by now to trust amazon so I may reconsider...

Aura7541

Interesting, I have learned by now to trust amazon so I may reconsider...
The correlation between Amazon and the winning console is interesting. Amazon actually only encompasses ~5-6% of total marketshare. My theory on why it has gotten a perfect track record, so far, is because buying habits on Amazon are similar to those across the other big 4 retailers: Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target.

In April, things got really wonky. Abdiel said that the PS4 beat the XBO in Best Buy. Amazon's monthly rankings showed the XBO edging out, but again, it only holds a tiny portion of the total marketshare. The trade-in a PS3/360 for an XBO deal at Gamestop was what likely gave XBO the win because Gamestop holds the plurality of the marketshare. I think the rule of the game is if you want to win the month, you need to win Gamestop. Otherwise, you have to win in Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and Amazon.

darkknightkryta

The correlation between Amazon and the winning console is interesting. Amazon actually only encompasses ~5-6% of total marketshare. My theory on why it has gotten a perfect track record, so far, is because buying habits on Amazon are similar to those across the other big 4 retailers: Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target.

In April, things got really wonky. Abdiel said that the PS4 beat the XBO in Best Buy. Amazon's monthly rankings showed the XBO edging out, but again, it only holds a tiny portion of the total marketshare. The trade-in a PS3/360 for an XBO deal at Gamestop was what likely gave XBO the win because Gamestop holds the plurality of the marketshare. I think the rule of the game is if you want to win the month, you need to win Gamestop. Otherwise, you have to win in Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and Amazon.
That's the whole trick with statistics.  If you have a decent sample size, you can correlate it to larger data.  Amazon's sales are enough of a sample size to infer the overall picture.  Not gonna be perfect, but close.

Go Up