Predict the dates of US Holiday price cuts. Closest guess wins!

Started by Legend, Oct 04, 2015, 06:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

PS4 will probably get a cut, XBO should probably get a cut, and wii u would like a cut.

Predict exact dates of price cut announcement, price cut amount, and exact date the price cut goes into effect. Doing US primarily since it's the market most of us know the best, but you can also predict additional markets if you wish.

The closest person for each system will get a special prize!

Legend

Oct 04, 2015, 07:00 PM Last Edit: Oct 04, 2015, 09:31 PM by Legend
XBOX will announce a temporary price drop of $50 on October 19th. It will go into effect on October 25th and last until January 9th.

PS4 will announce a permanent $50 price drop on October 6th which will go into effect on October 9th.

Wii U will do nothing.

Xevross

XBOX will announce a temporary price drop of $50 on October 19th. It will go into effect on October 5th and last until January 9th.

PS4 will announce a permanent $50 price drop on October 6th which will go into effect on October 9th.

Wii U will do nothing.
Wow you're guessing pretty soon for PS4. I guess that target page may be a clue.

I honestly have no idea, so complete guesses:

27th October PS4 (PGW), effective next day

23rd October XB1, effective 27th October (Halo 5 launch) lasts until January like last year

WiiU no announcement, I think they'll wait for a big event

Mmm_fish_tacos

XBOX will announce a temporary price drop of $50 on October 19th. It will go into effect on October 5th and last until January 9th.

Wii U will do nothing.
So... They will announce the temporary drop 14 days after it already happened. No wonder MS is having problems this gen. They keep trying to do everything from the future.

Aura7541

Sony: Announce $50 price cut on PGW. Effective next day

MS: No official price cut, but retailers will offer multiple deals (e.g. $50 giftcard, free game, etc.) throughout the holidays. Price of each bundle will go down by $50 on Black Friday.

Nintendo: Nothing

DD_Bwest

Sony: Announce $50 price cut on PGW. Effective next day

MS: No official price cut, but retailers will offer multiple deals (e.g. $50 giftcard, free game, etc.) throughout the holidays. Price of each bundle will go down by $50 on Black Friday.

Nintendo: Nothing
i agree with this

Dr. Pezus

Sony: Price cut at PGW, effective immediately.
MS: Halo launch day, announced on Oct 12
Nintendo: Zip

Legend

So... They will announce the temporary drop 14 days after it already happened. No wonder MS is having problems this gen. They keep trying to do everything from the future.
25th!!!

@PGW

Why would they do it the day after Halo and all ms bundles release?

Xevross

25th!!!

@PGW

Why would they do it the day after Halo and all ms bundles release?
Because winning November and December is the end game. Completely end any hype of halo 5 by dropping the price and releasing the two mega bundles for 399, November would be totally in the bag. They have a good chance at October without the price cut anyway

Legend

Because winning November and December is the end game. Completely end any hype of halo 5 by dropping the price and releasing the two mega bundles for 399, November would be totally in the bag. They have a good chance at October without the price cut anyway
The Halo bundle, the kinect bundle, and the ori-gears-rr bundle all launch on the 27th. That single day will have a HUGE amount of sales and generate a HUGE amount of momentum going into the holidays. Lessening that impact seems more realistic than stopping the momentum once started.

BananaKing

PS4 price drop of 50$ announced at PGW Effective immediatly

XB1 "temp" price cut of 50$ announced on 3rd of november and effective immediately.

Legend

I was perfect with PS4!

But nope, I got XBO wrong.