Best new ip of the gen?

Started by Legend, Oct 02, 2015, 11:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Well what is it?

Raven

Same, I would never even consider it on this list. Its a good game but there's been so many better
Personally, I wouldn't even call it a good game. You watched the game more than you played it. Which wouldn't have been so bad if the story and characters were well done, which they were not. The gameplay sequences all felt repetitive or unimaginative and were highly linear. The linearity of it wouldn't have been so bad if there were some big spectacles and more variety in the encounters. The stealth sections of the game just felt poorly designed. The few boss fights in the game relied on QTE. The whole game just felt like a glorified tech demo for Ready at Dawn's new engine.

LOL The Boreder is winning.
I prefer "The Snoreder". Because even when I'm bored at least I'm still awake.

the-pi-guy

is bioshock infinite a new IP? its not a sequel... nor in the same universe as 1 and 2...
Just because a game is similar to another, that's made by the same company doesn't mean it's not a new IP.  
From Techland has said, they very clearly say it's a different entity.  
Take-Two clearly feels that Bioshock Infinite is the same IP as Bioshock 1 and 2.  

Legend

is bioshock infinite a new IP? its not a sequel... nor in the same universe as 1 and 2...
It was a last gen release though.

7H3

Just because a game is similar to another, that's made by the same company doesn't mean it's not a new IP.  
From Techland has said, they very clearly say it's a different entity.  
Take-Two clearly feels that Bioshock Infinite is the same IP as Bioshock 1 and 2.  
it's the same game... some new features but ultimately it is the same basic IP as dead island. It not similar it is the next iteration...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

it's the same game... some new features but ultimately it is the same basic IP as dead island. It not similar it is the next iteration...
Spiritual successors are new IPs.

7H3

Spiritual successors are new IPs.
its not even that though... 95% of it is the same... its not like they created an entire new world or story... mechanics and premise are the same
don't get me wrong I loved dying light, and dead island...
I mean it is the same vein as bioshock infinite... new story same mechanics...
if dying light is a new IP then it is just by a slim margin of technicality
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BananaKing

its not even that though... 95% of it is the same... its not like they created an entire new world or story... mechanics and premise are the same
don't get me wrong I loved dying light, and dead island...
I mean it is the same vein as bioshock infinite... new story same mechanics...
if dying light is a new IP then it is just by a slim margin of technicality
what? its a new world, map, location, story, characters and game mechanics.  yeah the fighting gameplay is similar and its obviously going after the same audience as dead island. but its a new ip.  

Kerotan

For me driveclub.  Hadn't had this much fun with a racer since motorstorm 1 and before that gran turismo on the ps2.

If I was speaking on behalf of everyone probably bloodborne.  That seems to have gone down well.

Go Up