Sony Paris Games Week

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 23, 2015, 11:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Too soon when Yamauchi said we'll be playing it before 2017?
Safe to assume the game is coming in 2016, but GT6 was announced just 5 months before it released. Sony can announce this whenever they want.

PSX seems like a safer bet to me.

the-pi-guy

Gt7 feels too soon.

If anything they'll talk about driveclub DLC.
GT7 should come out next year.  As Raven said.  Additionally it'll be 3 years since GT6 and 6 years since GT5.  
The time is soon.  

Raven

Sep 24, 2015, 06:14 PM Last Edit: Sep 24, 2015, 06:19 PM by Raven
Safe to assume the game is coming in 2016, but GT6 was announced just 5 months before it released. Sony can announce this whenever they want.

PSX seems like a safer bet to me.
Sure they can announce it that soon before release but I just don't think a year in advance of release, at most, is "too soon". Nor do I honestly think that if PGW is too soon that PSX is somehow much better. They're not even a month and a half apart. Since GT seems to have its biggest following in Europe, with both E3 and TGS come and gone, PGW seems like a great time to announce it. I have a feeling that Bend and Santa Monica's titles will be the big new reveals for PSX. Especially since the head of Santa Monica said last year that they'll have a big presence at the 2015 PSX. I also don't think there's much more to say about Driveclub. It's been out for a year and it already has loads of DLC. At this point, making a big deal about more DLC for it at a conference would just feel like a wasted opportunity to talk about something else.

Legend

Sure they can announce it that soon before release but I just don't think a year in advance of release, at most, is "too soon". Nor do I honestly think that if PGW is too soon that PSX is somehow much better. They're not even a month and a half apart. Since GT seems to have its biggest following in Europe, with both E3 and TGS come and gone, PGW seems like a great time to announce it. I have a feeling that Bend and Santa Monica's titles will be the big new reveals for PSX. Especially since the head of Santa Monica said last year that they'll have a big presence at the 2015 PSX. I also don't think there's much more to say about Driveclub. It's been out for a year and it already has loads of DLC. At this point, making a big deal about more DLC for it at a conference would just feel like a wasted opportunity to talk about something else.
Didn't mean "too soon" compared to release date, just too soon compared to where the hype is. It's a big announcement that should be saved to fill a hole.

Paris Games Week needs at least one big announcement and Quantic Dream makes sense. Having GT7 there too would be overkill and leave PSX feeling empty.

Raven

Didn't mean "too soon" compared to release date, just too soon compared to where the hype is. It's a big announcement that should be saved to fill a hole.

Paris Games Week needs at least one big announcement and Quantic Dream makes sense. Having GT7 there too would be overkill and leave PSX feeling empty.
With all of the games PS4 has coming and all of the projects we know about that haven't been revealed, I don't think revealing GT7 before PSX will leave Sony's end of the year party feeling empty. There is plenty they can go about showing more of and revealing that would be fulfilling without GT.

The last GT will have been two years ago this holiday season. I'm pretty sure anticipation has mounted. I don't see much of a difference between "now" and next Summer for hype levels. At this point the hype is there or it isn't. Though this is all speculation and gut feelings so your gut might be more awesome than mine.

Dr. Pezus

I hope they will announce GT7 in Paris. Announcing it in Europe makes the most sense imo

Legend

With all of the games PS4 has coming and all of the projects we know about that haven't been revealed, I don't think revealing GT7 before PSX will leave Sony's end of the year party feeling empty. There is plenty they can go about showing more of and revealing that would be fulfilling without GT.

The last GT will have been two years ago this holiday season. I'm pretty sure anticipation has mounted. I don't see much of a difference between "now" and next Summer for hype levels. At this point the hype is there or it isn't. Though this is all speculation and gut feelings so your gut might be more awesome than mine.
I'm just looking at big first/sec party games, and there's only a handful that seem to be possible announcements within the next year. Quantic Dream, GT7, GOW4, and Bend. Sprinkle in a few surprises here and there but E3 will take most of them. Announcing Quantic Dream and GT7 at Gamescom/Paris seems way overboard, even if Sony had the most stacked year in its history. Gamescom has traditionally not been huge on huge game announcements.

Last year we had Until Dawn's re-reveal as the biggest game. Then smaller announcements were Tearaway Unfolded, Wild, The Tomorrow Children, and Alienation. 2013 didn't have any big game announcements, but instead had Rime, Everybody's gone to the rapture, Resogun, Helldivers, and Murasaki Baby.

Only way I could see GT7 announced at Paris is if Quantum Dream is a no show, or if their game has a toned back budget.

Xevross

I'm just looking at big first/sec party games, and there's only a handful that seem to be possible announcements within the next year. Quantic Dream, GT7, GOW4, and Bend. Sprinkle in a few surprises here and there but E3 will take most of them. Announcing Quantic Dream and GT7 at Gamescom/Paris seems way overboard, even if Sony had the most stacked year in its history. Gamescom has traditionally not been huge on huge game announcements.

Last year we had Until Dawn's re-reveal as the biggest game. Then smaller announcements were Tearaway Unfolded, Wild, The Tomorrow Children, and Alienation. 2013 didn't have any big game announcements, but instead had Rime, Everybody's gone to the rapture, Resogun, Helldivers, and Murasaki Baby.

Only way I could see GT7 announced at Paris is if Quantum Dream is a no show, or if their game has a toned back budget.

Good points, I think GT7 will most likely be at PSX but I'm hoping we get to see it sooner. If QD and Bend are there then that'd be way more than we could expect, since - as you said - gamescom/ PGW never has any big announcements. GT7 would be huge

Aura7541

Hopefully, we'll hear more about WiLD and The Tomorrow Children, too.

Raven

The handful that we know of is certainly not all there is to show over the next 12 months and there may very well be big surprises down the line. Yes, Gamescom isn't typically for big announcements. This isn't Gamescom. This is 4 months after E3. These conferences have shifted from smaller announcements to bigger ones as the generation has progressed. Gamescom 2014 had more to announce for non-indie titles than the previous year, which had none. Until Dawn and the remaster of Tearaway. Even the indies (or indie-style) games shown at least year's GC were of a bigger combined scope than the year before.

I do not believe PGW will be a huge event for announcements. Though I also don't think that whatever Quantic Dream announces will be received as a huge deal. They make games that are borderline interactive movies and their last one fell flat. Not that I think Quantic Dream sucks. I just don't think they're going to get the same reception as, say, an announcement of a new exclusive IP from From Software or even Insomniac. An announcement of GT7 at PGW would be done in the right place and, arguably, the right time. It would be the biggest announcement of the event and would appeal to a wider range of gamers than Sony's European conference typically does.

You may very well be right. I know what your train of thought is. I just think Sony wants to make a nice showing in Europe after Microsoft's Gamescom and announcing GT7 to a European crowd would be a big move.

Legend

The handful that we know of is certainly not all there is to show over the next 12 months and there may very well be big surprises down the line. Yes, Gamescom isn't typically for big announcements. This isn't Gamescom. This is 4 months after E3. These conferences have shifted from smaller announcements to bigger ones as the generation has progressed. Gamescom 2014 had more to announce for non-indie titles than the previous year, which had none. Until Dawn and the remaster of Tearaway. Even the indies (or indie-style) games shown at least year's GC were of a bigger combined scope than the year before.

I do not believe PGW will be a huge event for announcements. Though I also don't think that whatever Quantic Dream announces will be received as a huge deal. They make games that are borderline interactive movies and their last one fell flat. Not that I think Quantic Dream sucks. I just don't think they're going to get the same reception as, say, an announcement of a new exclusive IP from From Software or even Insomniac. An announcement of GT7 at PGW would be done in the right place and, arguably, the right time. It would be the biggest announcement of the event and would appeal to a wider range of gamers than Sony's European conference typically does.

You may very well be right. I know what your train of thought is. I just think Sony wants to make a nice showing in Europe after Microsoft's Gamescom and announcing GT7 to a European crowd would be a big move.
Quantic Dream is local though, so that would probably play even better for the crowds.

If it was still in Germany or had moved to UK then GT7 being announced would be huge!

Aura7541

In my opinion, it's better to show GT7 at PSX. PGW will not have as large of a worldwide presence as PSX and while the sim racer genre performs the strongest in Europe, I bet Sony wants it to be popular in other markets, too.

Forza 6 didn't do so hot in the UK (and likely the US, too). Either the sim racer genre is becoming niche in the US/UK or the Forza series is declining due to oversaturation. If it's the latter, then the sim racer audience GT7's to lose, hence why I think it is better suited for PSX.

Raven

Quantic Dream is local though, so that would probably play even better for the crowds.

If it was still in Germany or had moved to UK then GT7 being announced would be huge!

Legend

So the tokyo game show saw Project Morpheus get its final name.

What are the chances Paris Games Week reveals PSVR's release date and price?

No Man's Sky seems to be a PSVR launch title, and the new word on the street is that it's getting a release date at paris.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So the tokyo game show saw Project Morpheus get its final name.

What are the chances Paris Games Week reveals PSVR's release date and price?

No Man's Sky seems to be a PSVR launch title, and the new word on the street is that it's getting a release date at paris.
Maybe price, no release date.

Go Up