Uncharted Lost Legacy - First Look @ PS Blog

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 20, 2017, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Uncharted Lost Legacy - First Look @ PS Blog - NeoGAF

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/...e-lost-legacy/ Setting & timeline
First, the setting. In moving the action to the southern tip of India, The Lost Legacy injects a fresh surge of color and personality -- closer to the pulpier feel of the original Uncharted, in some ways. "Beautiful, big landscapes to traverse and explore, that sense of a surprise around every corner," Creative Director Shaun Escayg told me. "We wanted to bring more of that back." The Lost Legacy is a new story set six to 12 months after the events of Uncharted 4. The action kicks off with a search for a priceless relic -- the Tusk of Ganesh -- and a decidedly unlikely pairing.

Story background:
Why revisit Chloe? For Naughty Dog, it was an easy decision. She's an interesting character with a darker moral compass compared to Drake. Writer Josh Scherr remarks: "They're both treasure hunters. Drake has a bit of a hero complex, but Chloe looks out for number one, first and foremost." It's Chloe who initiates the hunt for the Tusk. Nadine reenters the picture for different reasons, partially born out of the consequences of her actions in Uncharted 4. With Shoreline crumbling, she's out of work and desperate.

Level design
Starting with the level design. In one pivotal section of the game, the team wants to provide a more expansive environment that gives players more ways to explore at their own pace -- "the biggest (area) ever for an Uncharted game," Margenau mentioned. While developing Uncharted 4, Naughty Dog had hoped to go even bigger on certain huge locations such as Madagascar, Art Director Tate Mosesian explained to me. But some concessions had to be made in the interests of maintaining the game's development schedule. Not so with The Lost Legacy, where the game will benefit from an updated production process that can see up to five teams working on one location at a time.

Stealth
There is some new combat gear to master, too. A silenced pistol (The first lethal stealth weapon in Uncharted history!) will add new tactical wrinkles to The Lost Legacy's stealth play and expand your combat options. There also seems to be an increased range of options available for combat encounters. "There are entire combat setups that you can skip, go around, or approach from any direction," Margenau explained. "It's got a bigger, more organic feel, with more player choice and more stealth options."

Pictures:
/////

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/...e-lost-legacy/

DerNebel

Sounds great, now give me a release date please.

nnodley

That portrait of chloe looks better than that image posted last week.  

Xevross

Oh man this is sounding so good. I just really want to hear how long it is.

Also I hope stealth is more of an option and less OP in this game than Uncharted 4