VizionEck: 15 secrets from the trailer

Started by Legend, May 11, 2014, 06:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

May 11, 2014, 06:16 PM Last Edit: Jul 11, 2014, 04:30 AM by 7H3
Hey guys,

So far the world has done a great job analyzing the announcement trailer and figuring out some game elements. In total the trailer has 15 major secrets. However, only six have been discovered.

1: VizionEck has spawn rooms instead of spawn points. Both friends and foes spawn in the same room.

2: Yellow power-ups are found in the game. Collecting them increases jump height.

3:

4: VizionEck is a platformer at heart.

5: Rangers may have different relative gravities. Your enemies might be on the ceiling or walls, not just the ground.

6: Instead of displaying health with a HUD, health is displayed by the brightness of a Ranger's outlines. This allows you to know your own health as well as your enemies' health.

7:

8: Rangers have the ability to generate charge blocks above them. Charge blocks act as shields and can defend players against enemy attacks. This makes lower relative positions valuable.

9: Charge blocks are weapons as well. Shooting a blast consumes the charge block. It must be re-charged before a Ranger can shoot again.

10:

11:

12: When a Ranger is low on health, they naturally blend into black backgrounds. This gives them a stealth advantage.

13:

14:

15: Spawn rooms have 24 cubes, but not all of them are Rangers. If a player doesn't move, it's impossible to tell them apart from a regular cube.

If you think you've figured out one of the remaining secrets, tweet it to @VizionEck with the hash tag #15secrets.

It's a community challenge, not a contest.

-Michael Armbrust

7H3

Anyone got any ideas? I'm pretty sure the list isn't in order of appearance in the video since the yellow power up is shown closer to the end. #15secrets
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

I'm going to proudly lose this contest.  I mean challenge....
0:46 reminds me of that OR simulator. 

feihung

I'm still very confused from the trailer. Why is no one guessing? I need to know more so I can be less confused!

Other than spawn rooms, will rooms be procedurally generated?

What game modes will there be?

Can you turn into a pyramid?

Where do you shoot from?

What do you shoot?

Will you have lots of nice mind duck rooms where black and white shapes and lines swirl around?

Is the colour black made using 1080p paint? (that was supposed to not make sense)

feihung

the-pi-guy

I'm still very confused from the trailer. Why is no one guessing? I need to know more so I can be less confused!

Where do you shoot from? What do you shoot? 

Watch the first 6 seconds of the video. 

7H3

Watch the first 6 seconds of the video. 

I think Pi is on to something there...

feihung

I know, I know. First time I watched the video on the psblog, I didn't spot the shooting, video jumped ahead and started playing from when you are in the spawn room I think.

Anyway, still need more answers. Am I on to something with dual sticks cuz I can't see an aiming reticule like in an fps but I see the cone spread like in dead nation

Legend

I know, I know. First time I watched the video on the psblog, I didn't spot the shooting, video jumped ahead and started playing from when you are in the spawn room I think.

Anyway, still need more answers. Am I on to something with dual sticks cuz I can't see an aiming reticule like in an fps but I see the cone spread like in dead nation

The game is first person. Trailer was not.

Dr. Pezus

The game is first person. Trailer was not.

Was that one of the secrets lol?

7H3

7H3

any other guesses or insights on gameplay mechanics or features hidden in the trailer?

feihung

I'm all guessed out. I think it is time Mr Armbrust or someone tells us what the others are!

7H3

LOL well there aren't going to be any reveals for this list any time soon. perhaps future trailers will give more insight though! Even still if you check Legend's comments on the PS blog and watch the video you might be able to easily catch 1 or 2 more secrets.

Legend

I'm all guessed out. I think it is time Mr Armbrust or someone tells us what the others are!

It's only been a few days lol.

This community challenge should last up until the game's release. New trailers and announcements will help you guys find the missing secrets.