Recent Posts

Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Forum News Discussion / Re: VizionEck turns 5!!!
Last post by Dr. Pezus - Today at 06:15 PM
Seriously??
Forum News Discussion / Re: VizionEck turns 5!!!
Last post by Xevross - Today at 05:42 PM
Hbd
Prices seem awful in other countries.
Correct, you are.
There is a video but I'm on my phone so I cba finding it, soz!  ;D

I guess they're getting the ray tracing ball rolling, to encourage more work on it and next gen it'll work a lot better. Seems like there's not much reason to upgrade from the 10 series for these, unless money isn't an issue for you.

Have they actually explained what's going on? It looks more like a hybrid approach verse ray tracing everything.

Annoying just how buzzwordy this all is  :P
Seems like there's not much reason to upgrade from the 10 series for these, unless money isn't an issue for you.
Prices seem awful in other countries.
Forum News Discussion / VizionEck turns 5!!!
Last post by Legend - Today at 04:26 PM

VizionEck LLC is now 5 years old. Wow. Game development may have taken longer than expected, but I'm still really proud of these past 5 years. The upcoming 5 years however will be pretty crowded. Here are 5 games set to release in the coming years:

1. **i*** *****e *********

2. ********* *********

3. *** ****** *******

4. ****o**** **** ******

5. *o*** ***
Why would they even bother with a ray trace version?

Any video of it running? Big thing holding back ray tracing is image grain. Essentially they don't have the power to render at full 1080p, so they have a post render system that cleans up the image. Machine learning is the big buzzword they're using to say ray tracing is here.
There is a video but I'm on my phone so I cba finding it, soz!  ;D

I guess they're getting the ray tracing ball rolling, to encourage more work on it and next gen it'll work a lot better. Seems like there's not much reason to upgrade from the 10 series for these, unless money isn't an issue for you.
So... On the 2080Ti Shadow of the Tomb raider with ray tracing runs at 30-50fps at 1080p. Ouch. I guess ray tracing is still a long way off.
Why would they even bother with a ray trace version?

Any video of it running? Big thing holding back ray tracing is image grain. Essentially they don't have the power to render at full 1080p, so they have a post render system that cleans up the image. Machine learning is the big buzzword they're using to say ray tracing is here.
So... On the 2080Ti Shadow of the Tomb raider with ray tracing runs at 30-50fps at 1080p. Ouch. I guess ray tracing is still a long way off.
Everything supports tesselation now. It's just not as popular as other things.

I'm not the biggest fan of ray tracing and no way will it replace rasterization anytime soon, but it's about to become a standard option for rendering. Already it's great for special effects.
These games support ray tracing (Maybe)  :P
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10