Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Wtf will incredibles open with over 200m?
No, no chance of that. $180M looks pretty good though, which as I said would be extraordinary considering the next best animated movie opening is $135M.

Animated movies normally have better legs than superhero movies, but with such a huge opening who knows where the legs will head for this. Looks to be a pretty safe bet to be the first animated film over $500M domestic, and will make it into the all time top 10.

Disney are having a crazy year, they'll have released three of the all time top 10. Imagine if Solo wasn't a flop as well :o

Xevross

A wrinkle in time jumped 1600% this weekend, and ended at exactly 100.00M.... hmmm.

Apparently most fudging like this is done by double features. They'll have shown AWIT before Incredibles in some places, and then the studio attributes the money to both films. That's where most of the money will have come from. Then they'll just count some I2 money as AWIT money to top it over the edge.

Dr. Pezus

Incredibles 2 180m estimated. Solo at almost 340m globally!

Xevross

Incredibles 2 180m estimated. Solo at almost 340m globally!
Yeah, phenomenal and dreadful. Solo has pretty much finished as well, it's not going to make 40m more from current markets, and I don't know if Japan can carry it to 400m.

Xevross

Jun 19, 2018, 07:26 PM Last Edit: Jun 19, 2018, 07:37 PM by Xevross
Incredibles 2 has overtaken Solo in 4 days. A solid Monday number, $23.6m

Xevross

Here's a stat. Incredibles 2 has a good shot at being the second film to manage over 6 days with 20m+. Spiderman 2 has six and many others have five. The only film to manage more is TFA, which held above 20m for 17 days straight. Wowzas.

the-pi-guy

Watched Incredibles 2.  It was great.  

A couple things kind of bothered me.  But these I think were because I haven't seen the original in a very long time.
I break it up here into 3 small pieces:
Last one isn't actually a spoiler, just weird being older.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>I don&#39;t remember superheroes being illegal in the first movie.<br>Like, I know they had some legal troubles, but I don&#39;t recall them being completely illegal.<br>

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Apparently no one knows that Jack Jack has powers, which felt weird. &nbsp;Because in the last few scenes of the first movie, you see Jack Jack exploding with powers. &nbsp;<br>

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>I didn&#39;t realize who the actors were of the first movie, and we were given a little video with the voice actors. &nbsp;And it kind of bothered me because now I could put together the voice and the character, and it took me out of it a little bit. &nbsp;Because a few times, all I could hear was the voice actor. &nbsp;<br>

The movie was great.  Pretty predictable.  

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The movie wasn&#39;t just a flip of the first. &nbsp;It was really awesome to see Bob really take the dad role instead of the superhero role this time. &nbsp;I&#39;m kind of wondering if there was any outrage about this movie with that. &nbsp;Probably best I don&#39;t know. &nbsp;But it was filled with lots of just great moments of being a dad, and not just overly positive, but a lot of stuff about the challenges. &nbsp;<br><br>It was nice that Violet had a bigger part. &nbsp;<span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size">I feel like Helen got a way better part. &nbsp;I feel like Dash kind of got forgotten in the movie. &nbsp;He just didn&#39;t have as much of a role. &nbsp;Edna felt more like a throwback, than having a real part.</span><br><span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size"></span>
[/size]

Before the movie, there was:

Was just weird.  

Xevross

Man I can't wait to see Incredibles 2.

Speaking of I2, its doing okay at the box office. Wednesday fell just short of $20m and thursday fell quite badly thanks to JW previews. Legs won't be anywhere near as good as Dory or other Pixar films, but thanks to the huge OW it looks set to easily become their new best. $600m might be out of reach for it, but we'll see.

JW had a decent start, $15.3m previews. We'll have to see the full friday number to make any judgement, but it looks set to be quite far down on the first film. Incredibles 2 is looking at about $90m for the weekend, JW around $130m. Any more for either would be great.

BananaKing

Jurassic world opened up with 150 million. Better than expected it seems. The movie is at 700+ million already. It's easily gonna hit 1 billion. And with "just" a production budget of 170 million seems it's gonna be a huge success.

Xevross

Jun 25, 2018, 12:13 AM Last Edit: Jun 25, 2018, 12:27 AM by Xevross
Jurassic world opened up with 150 million. Better than expected it seems. The movie is at 700+ million already. It's easily gonna hit 1 billion. And with "just" a production budget of 170 million seems it's gonna be a huge success.
Yeah its a good opening and better than most have been expecting recently. Its a good success for them, and it just shows how popular the franchise is considering how bad the reviews and reaction are yet its still making this much. Also its a fair way down on the opening of the first but that was definitely expected. The first film took off in an unexpected way.

Depending on legs it'll challenge BP for #2 spot in 2018,, but its likely to fall around $100m short. I think Incredibles 2 will fall short of JW, as the second weekend hold hasn't been that great. Still its set for nicely over a billion WW which is a great result for Pixar. If I2 has good legs from here and does well overseas it could well have a go at JW though, which would be fun.

Solo is crawling to 400m, needs around 25-30m from Japan. It'll be close.

BananaKing

Yeah its a good opening and better than most have been expecting recently. Its a good success for them, and it just shows how popular the franchise is considering how bad the reviews and reaction are yet its still making this much. Also its a fair way down on the opening of the first but that was definitely expected. The first film took off in an unexpected way.

Depending on legs it'll challenge BP for #2 spot in 2018,, but its likely to fall around $100m short. I think Incredibles 2 will fall short of JW, as the second weekend hold hasn't been that great. Still its set for nicely over a billion WW which is a great result for Pixar. If I2 has good legs from here and does well overseas it could well have a go at JW though, which would be fun.

Solo is crawling to 400m, needs around 25-30m from Japan. It'll be close.
It's having a high cinemascore though. A-. So people seem to like it.

This franchise is weird. The first film is considered a classic and well loved. But the second and third are considered horrible, yet people seemed to disregard when it came to this new reboots. The hype for Jurassic world was insane considering 2 out of 3 movies sucked dog.

Xevross

It's having a high cinemascore though. A-. So people seem to like it.

This franchise is weird. The first film is considered a classic and well loved. But the second and third are considered horrible, yet people seemed to disregard when it came to this new reboots. The hype for Jurassic world was insane considering 2 out of 3 movies sucked dog.
Cinemascore is weird. An A- is more average than high, for a big budget blockbuster with great special effects and action an A- is about as low as it goes with a B+ being basically a panning. For example, we all know how much TLJ was hated by a lot of people yet that still scored an A. The latest Transformers film was absolutely dire by all accounts and that got a B+. All this says is that people like blockbusters, there's a reason they earn so much money.

Jurassic World scored an A, so this scoring an A- is worse. Legs almost definitely won't be as good. The first film made 3.13x its first weekend, so this one will be less than 3x most likely. Heading for around 400m domestic it seems.

And yeah I don't really get that. I think dinos are cool but I was never hyped for JW because of how shame most of the old films were. I didn't particularly like JW either, so I'm not seeing this one in cinemas.

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Sequel to unbreakable?
And Split.

Shyamalan has been building his own cinematic universe.

Go Up