Kinect 2.0 VS PS Camera: which has sold more and which will sell more?

Started by Legend, Oct 06, 2014, 03:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Interesting question I think. I'll post my thoughts in a reply.

the-pi-guy

Kinect, has sold more.  Im guessing. 

Which will sell more?  No clue bro.  Maybe Camera for reasons. 

u4gReservoirDogs

Is it Kinect 2.0 vs every PS camera or is it Kinect 2.0 vs PS camera 2.0 (or 3.0)?
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

ethomaz

Both optionals give the edge to PS Camera just because the bigger userbase.

Legend

Is it Kinect 2.0 vs every PS camera or is it Kinect 2.0 vs PS camera 2.0 (or 3.0)?

The PS eye was for ps2 and ps3. The ps4's camera is just called the ps camera so I'm only talking about it.

u4gReservoirDogs

Kinect 2.0 has an advantage at this moment, but with MS dropping it like a bomb PS Camera will get really close quite easily and perhaps even pass it in several years I think.
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

7H3

Kinect 2.0 has an advantage at this moment, but with MS dropping it like a bomb PS Camera will get really close quite easily and perhaps even pass it in several years I think.

in several years? dunno 2-1 user base plus ps camera was selling like hotcakes for a while... I still think kinect probably has more, but it may not take long for the ps camera to overtake it
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

u4gReservoirDogs

in several years? dunno 2-1 user base plus ps camera was selling like hotcakes for a while... I still think kinect probably has more, but it may not take long for the ps camera to overtake it

Hasn't MS released any numbers on Kinect 2.0?

7H3

I have no idea...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

u4gReservoirDogs

I have no idea...

If they haven't then it didn't sell that good and if they have then we know the number. :P

Legend

No. Best we have are vgchartz numbers up until it was unbundled.

u4gReservoirDogs

No. Best we have are vgchartz numbers up until it was unbundled.

So no accurate numbers, only overtracked guesses? :P

Max King of the Wild

Kinect for Ltd but ps camera might eventually outsell it being so much cheaper with larger potential install base. I remember Sony saying it had like a 20% attach rate at the beginning of the year though.

the-pi-guy

Interesting question I think. I'll post my thoughts in a reply.

And his thoughts were never seen again. 

Legend

And his thoughts were never seen again. 

You caught me