Baldur's Gate III |OT|

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 01, 2023, 06:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

What people expected for GOTY: Tears of the Kingdom, Starfield, Final Fantasy XVI, Spider-Man 2

Actual GOTY: Baldur's Gate III

kitler53

not trying to start a list war here but like... that's a pretty amazing list of GotY contenders.   this was a pretty great year for everyone.  

....but (and i'm losing confidence here since we don't have a definitive date yet) if talos principle 2 still releases in 2023 that is very likely to be my personal GotY winner.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

kitler53

so i started this up last night...  spent pretty much all night on the character creation screen.   

it was odd.  it felt very liberal to me.  it had a bunch of features to support minority players that aren't all that typical (trans, vitiligo) but the was like very light or non-existant on features i've come to think of as pretty standard (eyes, eyebrows, nose).  

with only 2 body types (per gender) and only 8 faces i kind of feel like there wasn't much customization i could do.   me and my coop buddy worked independently and produced 2 characters that were nearly identical looking because we both picked the same hair style.  

anyways, we actually played the game a bit.   i managed to wipe us both out in the very first room.  not the first encounter,.. the first room.  The one that had basically nothing in it at all.   i feel like a deserve a trophy for that level of incompetency.   xD

gameplay is both very divinity and not at all familiar.   i've never played D&D and i feel like there are a lot of things i'm "supposed" to know but do not.  we're clearly not out of the tutorial yet but i'm not sure what's going on with most of the gameplay systems.   oh well, i'll figure it out eventually.

Dr. Pezus

so i started this up last night...  spent pretty much all night on the character creation screen.  

it was odd.  it felt very liberal to me.  it had a bunch of features to support minority players that aren't all that typical (trans, vitiligo) but the was like very light or non-existant on features i've come to think of as pretty standard (eyes, eyebrows, nose).  

with only 2 body types (per gender) and only 8 faces i kind of feel like there wasn't much customization i could do.   me and my coop buddy worked independently and produced 2 characters that were nearly identical looking because we both picked the same hair style.  

anyways, we actually played the game a bit.   i managed to wipe us both out in the very first room.  not the first encounter,.. the first room.  The one that had basically nothing in it at all.   i feel like a deserve a trophy for that level of incompetency.   xD

gameplay is both very divinity and not at all familiar.   i've never played D&D and i feel like there are a lot of things i'm "supposed" to know but do not.  we're clearly not out of the tutorial yet but i'm not sure what's going on with most of the gameplay systems.   oh well, i'll figure it out eventually.
I look forward to following your journey! Hope it's good   ;D

Legend

So how's it going for people? I'm thinking of starting playing "soon."

Dr. Pezus

I just started Ragnarok so won't play Baldurs Gate for a while  8)

the-pi-guy

So how's it going for people? I'm thinking of starting playing "soon."
It's going to take me longer than I hoped to get started on it.

Way too many games to catch up on.

kitler53

i'm playing this with my coop buddy.  it means i only play this on thrusday nights for 3-4 hours.   since i've been sick recently i've called it a night early twice now so i'm only like 6 hours in.   i'll let you know how the game was in ~14 months when we finally finish.  xD

Legend

Haha not the responses I expected.

Go Up