Rumor: Alexa and Google Assistant coming soon to Xbox One

Started by Legend, Jun 03, 2018, 09:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Rumor: Alexa and Google Assistant coming soon to Xbox One | ResetEra

via Windows Central(​IMG)
This picture comes to us from a reliable source who is familiar with Amazon and Microsoft's efforts to link Alexa and Cortana. In upcoming Xbox One builds, the Kinect & Devices menu should have a new "Digital Assistants" section, which lets you enable Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana, for use on your Xbox One. It then directs you to install the Xbox skills app for those respective platforms to get connected. The full range of features for those assistants remains unknown, but it could bring back many of the voice-assisted features abandoned Kinect users are yearning for.Click to expand...
https://www.windowscentral.com/amazon-alexa-and-google-assistant-are-coming-xbox-one  

Xevross

Huh that's pretty cool. I wonder how it would work though. Will you be able to connect it to other devices to control lights and things? If not then this seems pointless and in any case, most people have google assistant on their phone already or have an alexa in their house if they want to use this stuff.

Legend

Huh that's pretty cool. I wonder how it would work though. Will you be able to connect it to other devices to control lights and things? If not then this seems pointless and in any case, most people have google assistant on their phone already or have an alexa in their house if they want to use this stuff.
I think it'll allow you to control the xbox from Alexa/Google.

Xevross

I think it'll allow you to control the xbox from Alexa/Google.
If its just controlling xbox then what's the point of adding google or alexa? They'd surely just use Cortana?

Legend

If its just controlling xbox then what's the point of adding google or alexa? They'd surely just use Cortana?
MS is now bundling Alexa with Cortana from what I've read. You won't find a new device/PC that only has Cortana.

Xevross

MS is now bundling Alexa with Cortana from what I've read. You won't find a new device/PC that only has Cortana.
Oh that's neat. Cortana is pretty bad