Nintendo responds to Petition for Robin Williams in Zelda game

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 18, 2014, 02:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

"We appreciate the outpouring of support from the gaming community, and hear the request of fans to honor him in a future game. We will not be discussing what might be possible for future games during this difficult time, but we will hold our memories of Robin close."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/16/nintendo-responds-to-fan-requests-for-robin-williams-to-appear-in-future-zelda-title.aspx

ethomaz

I do think it is a dumb ideia right now... the guy just passed to the other world and fans make petition to see it in a game? Drop the ball at least for while.

the-pi-guy

I do think it is a dumb ideia right now... the guy just passed to the other world and fans make petition to see it in a game? Drop the ball at least for while.

It's about preserving his memory.  For example in order to preserve someone's memory, you may try to find lots of pictures of someone. Something like that.   

ethomaz

It's about preserving his memory.  For example in order to preserve someone's memory, you may try to find lots of pictures of someone. Something like that.   

I understand.

But think like that... to put him in a game Nintendo needs to ask to the familiars and make a deal with them to use the Robin Williams image... I do think no company in the world will to that just after the man died... it is insensitive.
It is not time to think about that... maybe in the future.

DD_Bwest

its a been quick, but lots of time and i could see it happening in the next zelda game, They gotta give the family space for a while.  the proper thing to do though would be to not make a big deal about it and let gamers find it once the game comes out,   that way nintendo doesnt look to leach PR.