God of War GOTG? Gameplay previews

Started by Dr. Pezus, Mar 19, 2018, 03:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Lol the trolls name is "Dauði kaupmaðr" which means dead merchant

Xevross

On the one hand, I like the old combat better, it was more strategic (So far).  On the other hand, I really like lock on/strafing gameplay and I'm glad to see it after such a long absence (I think Vanquish was the last shooter to have it, Zelda otherwise?)
Apparently this has more options and can be more strategic. There's interesting stun mechanics, and combos with the kid, and lots of different moves to unlock later in the game.

Dr. Pezus

Mar 19, 2018, 10:15 PM Last Edit: Mar 19, 2018, 10:26 PM by Dr. Pezus
Apparently this has more options and can be more strategic. There's interesting stun mechanics, and combos with the kid, and lots of different moves to unlock later in the game.
Lol yeah this game is already looking way more strategic. Just how the axe works alone is enough really.

Also, holy fudge that 16m gameplay video is amaziiiiing. Welcome to next gen

darkknightkryta

I don't think you people know what I mean by strategic... but then again I play all God of War on Chaos.

Dr. Pezus

I don't think you people know what I mean by strategic... but then again I play all God of War on Chaos.
Well you haven't seen this on hardest difficulty

Xevross

Well you haven't seen this on hardest difficulty
Speaking of, they spent time designing the hardest difficulty, so its much more than just increased numbers. Attack patterns are different and things like that, its a real tough challenge. Sounds good.

BananaKing

Speaking of, they spent time designing the hardest difficulty, so its much more than just increased numbers. Attack patterns are different and things like that, its a real tough challenge. Sounds good.
That's aweoawe. I might have to play this on hard after all.

Dr. Pezus

That's aweoawe. I might have to play this on hard after all.
Hard is for bedsprings

Xevross

Man the combat in this just sounds so good. One example of something you can do, is when facing two enemies you can try and fight them both with the axe using cleave/ swing attacks or you can try throwing the axe at one of them, which will freeze it in place and then punch fighting the other enemy while leaving the axe lodged in to freeze. Punching builds up the stun metre faster than fighting with an axe too it seems.

It looks like you'll be able to fight enemies the way you want to, to have the most fun. Can't fudgy wait.

Dr. Pezus

Man the combat in this just sounds so good. One example of something you can do, is when facing two enemies you can try and fight them both with the axe using cleave/ swing attacks or you can try throwing the axe at one of them, which will freeze it in place and then punch fighting the other enemy while leaving the axe lodged in to freeze. Punching builds up the stun metre faster than fighting with an axe too it seems.

It looks like you'll be able to fight enemies the way you want to, to have the most fun. Can't fudgy wait.
Trust me, it looks even more awesome than  it sounds

Xevross

the-pi-guy

A month yet to go.  

Xevross

A month yet to go.  
Its going to be a very long month. I'm so hyped!!

Dr. Pezus

Can't believe we're here already!

Go Up