Mario Odyssey Breaks Record/ Switch Passes 2.6 Million all in US

Started by Cute Pikachu, Nov 02, 2017, 08:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Cute Pikachu

REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 2, 2017 - In just five days, the new Super Mario Odyssey video game for the Nintendo Switch system sold more than 1.1 million units in the U.S. alone. That makes it the fastest-selling Super Mario game ever in the U.S., surpassing the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game. Super Mario Odyssey is also the fastest-selling game so far for Nintendo Switch.

Also Nintendo also said in the PR  that the Switch past 2.6 Million at the end of October(NOA said over 2 Million at te end of September.

Crazy
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

So less than Zelda wii u+switch but still huge for the franchise.

Dr. Pezus

So less than Zelda wii u+switch but still huge for the franchise.
In the US alone? No a lot more I think. It's the fastest selling switch game

Legend

In the US alone? No a lot more I think. It's the fastest selling switch game
Fastest switch but Zelda was Switch and Wii U.

I figure they would have mentioned it was their fastest selling game of the year too if it beat Zelda.

Cute Pikachu

Nov 05, 2017, 04:27 PM Last Edit: Nov 05, 2017, 05:00 PM by Cute Pikachu
If People want an idea of how's its doing so far here are launch numbers.

500k japan (Highest debuting 3D Mario)
1.1 Million US(fastest and highest debuting Mario)
>80k UK(Highest 3D Mario)
55k Spain(over 75% of 3D World LTD sales in a weekend btw)

Europe Overall: Fastest selling Mario Ever
Australia/NZ: Fastest selling Mario ever

So it seems like The first party are selling like crazy.

Xevross

Fantastic sales for Mario, and it seems like its well deserved. Can't wait to pick up a Switch and play it.

DD_Bwest

yea im hoping to get a switch and odyssey on black friday.  One of those chistmas presents for them that doubles as one for myself lol

the-pi-guy

yea im hoping to get a switch and odyssey on black friday.  One of those chistmas presents for them that doubles as one for myself lol
Wow.  I think only like 2 or 3 people here got a Wii U (unless I'm wrong, which I probably am.)

But I'm pretty sure just as many people have already gotten a switch or plan to.

DerNebel

Wow.  I think only like 2 or 3 people here got a Wii U (unless I'm wrong, which I probably am.)

But I'm pretty sure just as many people have already gotten a switch or plan to.
I'm honestly wondering what I'll use the Switch for after Mario. Might get Xenoblade 2 just for the hell of it, assuming it turns out to be good.

Legend

I'm honestly wondering what I'll use the Switch for after Mario. Might get Xenoblade 2 just for the hell of it, assuming it turns out to be good.
That's the big reason I'm hesitant getting a switch just for Mario. The only other released game I want for it is Mario+Rabbids.

Then it's a dry season until Metroid next year. Is switch about to have a drought?

DerNebel

That's the big reason I'm hesitant getting a switch just for Mario. The only other released game I want for it is Mario+Rabbids.

Then it's a dry season until Metroid next year. Is switch about to have a drought?
The Switch is about to have a massive drought unless Nintendo is able to pull something out of the hat that we know nothing of and that releases in the next 6 months. I guesss they could whip out some Wii U remasters.

I mean to me it's not a big deal as it looks like I'll be more than busy enough just trying to keep up with all the stuff releasing on PS4 early next year, but I maintain that this drought will be a noticable hit to the Switches momentum.

Xevross

Yep I'm hoping for the same. I want Odyssey, Mario Kart and extra joycons. If I can get those for a reasonable price (maybe £300 or less) I'll bite.

DerNebel

I'm thinking of trying to get a 4K TV on Black Friday.  8)

Cute Pikachu

To those worried about droughts.
We have Yoshi and Kirby for early 2018 and Nintendo in their investor call said they will not have the software release momentum stop in early 2018.

the-pi-guy

I'm sure we will get a Nintendo direct in the next few months.