AC origins review thread: 83 mc (35 reviews) 83 oc (53 reviews)

Started by Legend, Oct 26, 2017, 02:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Xevross

I'm really surprised at the lack of reviews for this. It's down to 83 on meta now.

I'm loving it so far, really great game.

Xevross

BananaKing

im actually getting hyped for this game, really interested in playing. i certainly will but i think i will wait till the price drops.

Legend

I'm really surprised at the lack of reviews for this. It's down to 83 on meta now.

I'm loving it so far, really great game.
How does it handle modern day stuff?

Xevross

How does it handle modern day stuff?
So I've played about 10 hours and there's been about 15 mins of modern day, but I love it. Normally I don't really care about the modern day shame at all but this is really interesting.

It's sort of show not tell, they don't really tell you what situation you're in in modern day, it just picks up half way through the story and you have to work out what's happening from the interactions.

Xevross

I have no idea how this is only an 83

darkknightkryta

They rate games that aren't made by Nintendo harder now a days.  For instance, Horizon would have gotten 9.5 at least if it was released in 2008

BananaKing

Because it's ubisoft and it's cool to hate on them. It's simple

Legend

What's your impression so far?

nnodley

Oct 29, 2017, 11:35 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2017, 11:37 PM by nnodley
So I've played about 10 hours and there's been about 15 mins of modern day, but I love it. Normally I don't really care about the modern day shame at all but this is really interesting.

It's sort of show not tell, they don't really tell you what situation you're in in modern day, it just picks up half way through the story and you have to work out what's happening from the interactions.
Oh yeah and it was a big surprise when it first happened.  Did not expect it at all but i'm stoked for them to hopefully start giving a shame again about it.

This game is incredibly beautiful  :o :o
I absolutely love how great the draw distance is in this game.  Seeing the pyramids in the distance is super cool as well.

Also I'm incredibly impressed by the variety of side missions so far. I've done probably 10 or so and they haven't felt repetitive.

Xevross

What's your impression so far?
Well I'm a big AC fan anyway, so my opinions are probably much more positive than average. But I am absolutely loving it so far, I can barely fault the game for my tastes.

It improves on the last few AC games in pretty much every possible way; combat, gear, quests, world design, graphics are all leagues ahead of what AC has done before. Enemy AI is miles better, they notice you when you make noise or are in their line of sight, more like a normal human instead of the blind fools that use to make up AC games. Also every NPC has a routine; so the soldiers for example patrol for a while, they stop rest sometimes, they sit down and eat with other guards at times and they go and sleep. There's actual side quests with stories now, rather than just open world busy work, and they're done well.

I could go on for a long time on all the things it does well but I should be going to sleep now ;D Basically if you at least like AC games, or similar games like Horizon then you'll like this for sure.

Legend

You guys are making me want to buy it ::)

Xevross

I don't wanna go down

Legend

I waz worried the game would be too flat, but that doesn't seem to be the case.